Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.V.RAVI (V P)     06 June 2017

Property

Greetings

I have recently purchased a flat in Pallavaram municipality area. Total number of flats - 6

Buiilder is yet to complete some of the common faciltities promised. Some of us occupied the flat when work was not completed.

Questions / clarification needed:

1. When should we consider that the building is handedover - builder has not collected any corpus fund and has not made provision for maintenace

2. Is completion certificate necessary

3. Bio metric system (promised)is not installed and builder has removed security posted suddenly

4. Just transferred the electricity card

5. I own two flats out of 6 and 1/3 of UDS - 3 other owners are relatives of builder

What precautions i should take to protect my interest

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 June 2017

wITHOUT OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATE  WHICH IS mANDATORY YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE MOVED INTO THE FLATS.iN WHICH EVEN YOU'D HAVE A RIFHT TO DEMAND ALL THE FACILITIES WHICH  BUILDER  HAD PROMISED WOULD HAVE BEEN  FULFILLED. COMPLETION CERTIFICATE COMES AFTER OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATE AFTER MOVING INTO THE  FLAT. yOU CAN GET IT FROM MUNICIPAL CORPORATION OF YOUR CITY.

S.V.RAVI (V P)     06 June 2017

1. Occupancy certificate is given by whom (authority) to whom?

2. Is it the responsibility of the builder or the flat owner?

3. We are told that completion certificate is notmandatory as the building is two floors (excluding car park in the base)

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register