Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeswari   24 January 2018

Propert taken by govt

Dear All

My mother had got a transfer of land from my maternal uncle as a settlement as a  gift. It a apeoperty (land) in Tamilnadu, chennai. But we came to know that the land is under sealing(property tax was not paid by maternal uncle) and taken by the govt. what can we do to left the ceiling. IN EC the property shows to be in my mothers name. but the authorities are telling that my uncle has to pay. my land has to be given again to uncle to pay the dues and then fresh registration has to take place. Please guide as to how we cna do it legally.

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     24 January 2018

The correct thing is that you have to approach a local lawyer practising in Property Law, show the documents in your hand, discuss the matter and proceed further.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 January 2018

Gossip, rumor, hearsay are neither record, nor rules nor laws nor orders.

You have not posted if any written communication/order is in your or your uncle’s custody.

Ask your uncle.

The said settlement is registered?

Has the mutation record been updated after submitting said (registered) settlement?

Do you have the copy of updated mutation records?

Did you pay the pending duty if any at the time of registration and after registration of said settlement deed?

If yes, you must be having the receipts. If you have the receipts, yu could have shown to the authority. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 January 2018

Obtain copy of latest mutation records with all link docs and show these to a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue matters and well versed with local revenue codes/laws/rules for a considered opinion, options and merits in each option.

If you have already obtained the mutations record then does IT show any charge or say resumed by Govt!

Anyhow the able LOCAL counsel shall do the needful and help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register