LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai narayana   17 January 2018

Proof of service

For proof of service, online postal department tracking information available in website is enough or acknowledgement card is must? And from the date of receipt of said notice by the respondent, after how many days the hearing date can be in a revision/appeal case? (In my revision case in high court, the date of hearing is 22.01.18 and the respondent received notice on 16.01.18, so the six days gap is ok or the court will wait for one more hearing if in case no representation from respondent on 22.01.18?)

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 January 2018

See the excellent Articles-Important-Judgments-on-Presumption-of-Service-by-Registered-Post, in the forum by Dr.Vaishta.Acknowledgement card is not a must, and this is provided in CPC itself in Order 5 Rule 9 sub Rule 5 itself. You may refer to the Supreme Court judgment reported in the case of Har Charan singh vs Shiv Rani AIR 1981 SC 1284, to make the provisions of Order 5 of the CPC very clear.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 January 2018

The tracking report from India post website can be downloaded.

RTI route is another perspective to get POD and certified copy of run sheet of postman.

Obtain from Sub-postmaster from which the cover was booked.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 January 2018

You may also go thru suggested article also and benefit from it.

Thanks to all for answering my first query. If I get answer to my query too, I will be more grateful to you.

Thanks to all for answering my first query. If I get answer to my second query too, I will be more grateful to you.

sai narayana   18 January 2018

Originally posted by : N.K.Assumi
See the excellent Articles-Important-Judgments-on-Presumption-of-Service-by-Registered-Post, in the forum by Dr.Vaishta.Acknowledgement card is not a must, and this is provided in CPC itself in Order 5 Rule 9 sub Rule 5 itself. You may refer to the Supreme Court judgment reported in the case of Har Charan singh vs Shiv Rani AIR 1981 SC 1284, to make the provisions of Order 5 of the CPC very clear.

Thanks for replying.

Is there any way to change the respondent address after filing the case (in high court A.P.).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register