Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gk (Service)     15 October 2013

Proof of place & date of birth - for passport application

Dear Sirs/Madam,

Regarding the subject I have two queries on different cases as explained below, and the requirement is for the Passport Application for my parents who are senior citizens and my father is a Kerala State Govt. Pensioner (retired as a teacher):

Case1

For my father.  He retired as a teacher in 1988 (Lower Primary School teacher).  He passed SSLC.  But at present not having any SSLC or other leaving certificate either original or duplicate. So as per the documents' List mentioned in the Passport application instructions provided in the website, we do not have any documents for the proof of place & date of birth of my father. 

Please be noted that the available documents are :  He is having original Pension Book (not pension payment order) on which the date of birth is indicated (as 08-April-1933).  He is having Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Bank Passbook with DOB and photo/address etc, Voters ID, Electricity Bill (in his name), Gas Connection Book of Indian Oil Corporation (Indane) with his name /address etc.

In the above documents nowhere indicated his place of birth.  The date of birth indicated in Pension Book and Bank Passbook only.  Voter's ID Card/Ration card -  age (apprximately) only mentioned.  In this particular situation how could I apply for a Passport for him preferably if I need in Tatkal scheme? 

Case2

My mother is 73 years old housewife. Her place of birth is WXYZ (in Tamilnadu) ans she studied in Madurai till 8th std only. She could read, write Tamil/Malayalam well and will sign in English.  She does not remeber even which school she has studied in Madurai and not having any transfer/Leaving certificate or birth certificate indicating the subject information (Place & Date of Birth).

Please be noted that the available documents are :  She is having Aadhar Card, Name in Ration Card, Bank Passbook with photo/address etc, Voters ID, in my father's pension book - her name is indicated (wife),  etc.

She can sign an Affidavit with Notary attestation for her place/date of birth if she is an illiterate/semi-literate but in this case my mother is not illiterate as I indicated above!  (otherwise whether she has to declare as in the affidavit as illeterate for the proof of DOB & POB?)

In the above documents nowhere indicated her place of birth / date of birth.  In the Voter's ID Card/Ration Card, age (apprximately) only mentioned.  In this particular situation how could I apply for a Passport for her preferably if I need in Tatkal scheme? 

NB: There are legal property agreements (purchased by) in both of my parents' name.

So please be advised my how could I approach the Passport Officer on this particular case.  Please note that I have contacted Passport Seva personnel and they are not able to provide any other advice other than the norms/conditions as per the required documents.

Your prompt response and advice will be highly appreciated with thanks in advance.

with best regards

gkv

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2013

Kindly click the Passport Seva link, a site by ministry of External affairs which provides you with the complete information and procedure to obtain passport either in normal channel or tatkal scheme, all your questions have proper answers in the said website.

gk (Service)     19 October 2013

Dear Sir,

I did contact the concerned authority / cell but ...

If the Authority is simply telling that we need docs, then what we could do in such above cases, whether we need to create a doc, or I need to declare that my mother is illiterate ..... that means something wrong in this system .... So I feel that there should be definitely a way of solution for such cases which may not be aware by the PP Authorities OR beyond their support ... but legal advisers may be aware, that is what I am looking sir ... contacting PP authority, no use, they are just quoting the same norms mentioned as below:

You need to attach the documents for proof of your date of birth. Refer Section D “Table-3- Document No. 2” of the passport instruction booklet for details.
Note:
For applicants born on or after 26.01.89, only Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths is accepted. No other document will be accepted as proof of date of birth. In case of any doubt please visit our website www.passportindia.gov.in

Section D “Table-3- Document No. 2. Proof of Date of Birth.

For Proof of Date of Birth attach one of the following documents:

For applicants born on or after 26.01.89, only Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable.

The Birth Certificate should ordinarily contain the name of child, name of father and mother, date of birth, place of birth, s*x, registration number and date of registration. If the Birth Certificate doesn’t contain the name of child, a declaration on plain paper signed by parents, is required to be submitted specifying the name of the child.

a. Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths

b. School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution

c. Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per the specimen in Annexure "A" by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants (Less than 5th class).

(Sorry to make this query quite a long one sir, but I need to get a practical and legal solution

Thanks
regards
gk

SP (BTech)     12 March 2014

Hi gk,

I am facing similar problem in case of applying passport for my mother.

Please share what worked for you as proof of place and date of birth?

In case we give sworn affidavit and sign in place of giving thumb impression, will they reject or ask for anything??

When they have stated semi-illiterate for the affidavit it should work !!

Please respond

Thanks

SP

SP (BTech)     12 March 2014

Dear Sir,

I am facing similar problem while applying  passport for my mother.

Please share what actually worked for you for proof of place and date of birth???

In case, along with the sworn affidavit we sign in place of giving thumb impression, will they reject it or ask for anything else?

When they have state affidavit for semi-illiterate it should work!!

Please respond.

Thanks

SP

Surender Kumar Sharma (Advocate)     21 July 2014

Execute an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per the specimen in Annexure "A" by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants. if not then go and file a miss case before the office of Sub Collector for grant of an order to registrar birth and death for issue of an birth certificate , contact local lawyers, its not a big problem

BASANT AGRAWAL (PROP)     11 April 2015

I had Applied Online for Passport, When I was Filed Online than I File Given Name-Ashutosh, Surname-Agrawal, Father’s Name-Basant Kumar Agrawal, Mother’s Name-Kavita Agrawal.,(i have copy of online application recept).

I Have Submitted Document at Psk in All the Document Applicant Name Is with Surname i.e. Birth Certificate, Bank statement of Parent, Aadhar Card, Annexure”H” etc. Only Supporting Document 10Th class certificate in Which Name is without Surname ( applicant born on or after 26/01/1989 educational certificate is not accepted as DOB proof)

In my passport Surname Column Left Blank and Parent Name is Without Surname.

How can he change my personal particular without give me objection latter for finding discrepepancy /difference in Surname of applicant and parents in HSC mark sheet and other document submitted by us.

How can I correct my name in Passport without giving two news paper advertisement regarding change of name and sworn affidavit as per Annexe”E” because I have been never changed my name.

Can i decree from first class judicial magistrate regarding my correct name. i have also correct my 10th HSC marksheet. please give me advise

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register