LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas seesala   27 November 2015

Promissory note dishonoured

Sir I'm Srinivas from Vijayawada, Andhra pradesh. I gave Rs. 170000 to my relatives friend for some personal expenses he asked for and in return I received promissory note and cheque. He promised to pay in 6months. He failed to do so. I have asked for the payment after due date and warned him to case him in court of law. After 2 months I have sent legal notices which were been returned (not received) by the party. I have also deposited the cheque which he gave which was dishonoured. Present that person is not traceable, and their parents are hiding him, saying that even they won't know about him where he is living and staying. I have seen him in Facebook and came to know he is working in shriram finance and staying in Vijayawada only. I have enquired in few branches of shriram but of no use. Sir please suggest your advise. I want to go for legal proceedings and the fees to be paid for substitute service and decree for the above case. Thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     27 November 2015

Send a legal notice first, for pro note you may file civil suit for recovery.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitish Banka

bhaskara (manager)     27 November 2015

Since I m seeing most financial frauds please don't believe anyone in money transactions for any reason. You better to file cheque bounce case after sending notice. If possible file cheating case at nearest police station. For time being keep promissory note aside. Lawyer charges would be around 5000.

bhaskara (manager)     27 November 2015

Since I m seeing most financial frauds please don't believe anyone in money transactions for any reason. You better to file cheque bounce case after sending notice. If possible file cheating case at nearest police station. For time being keep promissory note aside. Lawyer charges would be around 5000.

m.kameswaran (student)     27 November 2015

on which date you send the legal notice for rcovery of money?

what date is written  in cheque given?

validitity of cheque is 6 months.

(for ex.the cheque date is 12/2/2015 the cheque is valid upto 11/08/2015)

on which date your cheque was bounced? 

have you received memo from banker?

you have to send the  legal notice u/s 138 of NIA,within 30 days after receiving memo.

if you have not sent the legal notice u/s 138 of NIA through your lawyer,  within 30 days after receiving memo.

dont send the notice  now.

if the cheque  is within the validity date

represent the cheque again for collection.

it will be bounced,

IMMEDIATELY AFTER RECEIVING MEMO FROM THE BANKER CONTACT A ADVOCATE

AND then you sent a notice through an ADVOCATE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register