Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasu (OSS )     22 July 2013

Procedure to get legalheir certificate in chennai

Hello Lawyers,

Greetings to you!

Recently my father expired. He was living in Bangalore with my mother & brother (who was unmarried). I'm married and I live in Chennai. during the recent days he was taking treatment in chennai and he expired here in Chennai. 

We have some old jewels pledged in my father's account in one of the bank. Now I would like to get a LegalHeir certificate, as it is required to be submitted in bank to get the pledged gold jewels out. Since they were living in Bangalore they dont have a ration card in chennai and either in Bangalore (as they recently moved a year back). 

Would it be possible for me to get a legalheirship certificate from Chennai ? If so, what would be the documents that I need ot produce as we do not have a ration card in our family ?  Kindly let me know the details.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vasu

Learning

4 Replies

jagadesh (engineer)     21 September 2013

Get death certificate of your father

then apply legalheirship in your hometown(chennai)

Vasu (OSS )     06 November 2013

Hi Jagadesh,

Many thanks for your reply.

I did enquire here in Chennai Tahsildhar office. I was told that they would need an address proof of my father (who was expired) in chennai. 

Since the death certificate holds the present address as Chennai and Permanent address as Bangalore, I was told to apply in Bangalore. However the problem is neither in Bangalore nor in Chennai there is a ration card with my Fathers name. 

Now would it be possible for me to apply for legalheir certificate in Bangalore with the Gas connection as address proof. (The gas connection is in my fathers name and in Bangalore address). Or can I take an address proof for my father for Chennai address from any of the gazetted officers and produce it as a proof and apply in chennai. What would you suggest legally.

Thanks,

Vasu

jagadesh (engineer)     08 November 2013

Apply only in chennai, with the address proof. its the best way. give the application and get acknowledgemnent....

Vasu (OSS )     13 November 2013

Hi Jagadesh,

The problem in applying here in Chennai is that, I dont have any address proof in my Father's name. Is there any other document which I can produce as an address proof, like the Notary signed Letter or letter from the gazzetted officer or letter from VAO/Councellor etc. 

Thanks,

Vasu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register