Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja malik (executive)     10 October 2011

Procedure of job after death in delhi govt

Hi All,

my name is pooja and my father was died on 2-sep-11. just want to know the process of job for my mother after my mother as my father has nominate my mother.

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 October 2011

Kindly obtain the rule book from  HR/personnel/admin dept. of office of your father and inquire from them and union leaders, if there is provision/rule for providing job to the spuse/family of the deceased employee. You can seek the rules/process etc by submitting RTI application also.

Your mother may seek appointment from the GM/Chairman of the office of your father and submit the request and forms for job.

K C S Kutty, Pune (Faculty )     10 October 2011

(1) Contact colleagues of Father and get the details of "Employment Assistance to dependents of employees dying in harness/service" of the Organisation. (2) Find out who are the dependents who can apply and find out whether mother is eligible to apply ( i.e. has required qualification) (3) If yes, apply. If no, who are other dependents in the family eligible to apply. (4) Apply in the prescribed form - Generally forms are prescribed - within the time limit prescribed. (5) Submit the application to the concerned authority. Follow up and provide additional information, if required, for speedy process of the application.

K C S Kutty, Pune (Faculty )     11 October 2011

Also please note that "nomination" by an employee is made to give monetary benefits to the nominee in the event of the unfortunate demise of the employee and not for providing employment.  Employment is provided to the dependant and not to the nominee. In such case, employment  is provided on compassionate grounds and is at the discretion of the employer as per the rules in this regard and not a matter of right. 

(Guest)

You may need to consult the rules of compassionate appointment to the dependents of the deceased employee of the Central Government. Delhi Government observes rules of Centrl Government for its employees.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2012

The rules of the compassionate employment are available on the site of DOPT www.persmin.nic there is a form which is to be filled and submitted to the department. Delayed application can defeat the claim. HR Deptt is not going to provide you any rule book as advised by one expert and interview with head of the department may be futile unless this application is submitted. I agree with Mr KCS Kutty that there is no provision for nomination for compassionate employment in the event of death. Such nomination is valid for GPF, Pension, DCRG, Gp Insurance etc. Further this compassionate job is not  matter of right. One has to prove himself to be the most poor of the other pending applicants to compete for 5% share of GpC&D posts. Many applicants in many deptts do not get this job at all due to lack of vacancies.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2012

Further

Such jobs are given only out of 5% of  Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) and comparative merit of the applicants is assessed.  Remember reservation beyond 50% is not allowed as per Supreme Court guidelines. The Govt sector jobs are already reserved to the extent of 50% (15 SC+ 27 OBC + 7 ST). Therefore even that 5% is to be taken from the proportionately by vertical reservation from the respective share of Sc/ST/OBC/gen category posts depending upon the category of the applicant. That being the case the share if gen candidate is 5% of 50% = 2.5% out of total Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) ,   and OBC it is 5% of 27% = 1.25% out of total Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) ,   for SC 5% of 15% = .75% out of total Class III&IV posts (in direct recruitment quota) ,   and for ST it will be 5% of 7.5% = 38% out of total Class III&IV posts. No job can be offered beyond that limit even if the applicants are large number. The slots reserved for Handicapped, ex-servicemen and sports persons are also allocated in the same manner to ensure that horizontal reservation does not exceed 50%.  So comparative merit is drawn based on the indignant condition of each family.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2012

circular containing insturctions and form is enclosed.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2012

circular containing insturctions and form is enclosed.

Attached File : 127601482 compassionate appintment.pdf downloaded: 198 times

Ravi kumar (Student)     10 July 2014

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 July 2014

@ Ravi Kumar

what objection you have if someone is appointed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register