Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhrubajyoti Ganguly   17 November 2018

Procedure of Transfer of property from deceased father to only child (son), mother died earlier.

Hi, I have a property in Kolkata. It was registered in the name of my father. I am the only child. My mother died 10 years back. After the death of my father last year, promoter made the mutation of the property (which was pending) in my name at Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Now do I need to register the property in my name? or it will come automatically in my name after death of my father. Will there be any problem to sell or take loan if I donot register the property in my name? If registration is required how much fee is to be paid?

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   17 November 2018

Not necessary .u have inherited Ur father property.u change all i.e mutation khataall into Ur name pay taxes I keep all the documents which was in Ur fathers custody..Ur r the sole owner of the property .

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 November 2018

Mutation alone will not make you owner of the property. You may be the sole heir. But the world does not know that. If your father had left a will you should get it probated as the property is in Kolkatta. If your father had not left a will, you should apply for and get a succession certificate. You may hold on to the property without any of the above with no problem. But when you want to sell, the purchaser may or may not ask for the documents. If the purchaser asks for it, you will have to obtain it. If he does not ask you can sell it.  It is all your luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register