Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivaraj (Facility Executive)     05 December 2011

Procedure for change of name

hi...

my name is Shiva raj. I have changed my name from Raju to Shiva raj recently....

i want my name changed in 10th(ssc) and inter certificates...

can anyone give me proper way to fallow...

Regards,

Shiva raj

Learning

2 Replies

sunil (accountant)     06 December 2011

what is your name on another document 

shraddha Shukla (Practicing Company secretary " Corporate Law Consultant")     06 December 2011

CHANGE OF NAME BY CITIZEN OF INDIA, RESIDING IN THE ANDHRA PRADESH
STATE – PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED AFTER LIFTING UP THE EMERGENCY.
(G.O.(P)No. 819, General Administration (General-C), 8th December, 1977)
In the G.O. (P) No. 483, G.A. (General-C) Department, dated 13th April, 1972, procedure was laid
down for change of name by the Citizens of India residing in the Andhra Pradesh State. Consequent on
the revocation of the proclamation of emergencies and the cessor of Rules made under the Defence and
Internal Security of India Act, it has become necessary to review the procedure that had been in vogue in
regard to the change of name. The Government after careful examination, hereby lay down the following
revised procedure in supersession of the procedure prescribed in the Government Order read above.
2.(1) Any person residing in the State of Andhra Pradesh, who intends to change his name, shall apply, in
the first instance, in the form in Annexure-I to this Order, to the District Magistrate, the Additional
District Magistrate or an Executive Magistrate having jurisdiction, for issue of an official communication
in the form of a letter or memorandum to the effect that he is a Citizen of India.
(2) The District Magistrate, the Additional District Magistrate or the Executive Magistrate having
jurisdiction, may on the basis of information furnished by the applicant and after such inquiry as he
thinks fit, issue a letter or memorandum in the form in Annexure-II to this Order, to the effect that on the
basis of the information available, he is qualified for recognition as a Citizen of India. The Magistrate
concerned shall exercise due caution and satisfy himself about the applicant’s claim to Indian Citizenship
before issuing the letter or memorandum.
(3) The applicant shall, thereafter, send another application to the Director of Government Printing and
Stationery (Printing Wing) along with the letter or memorandum issued by the Magistrate concerned for
publication of a private advertisement in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette, on payment of the publication
charges.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register