Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam (Student)     20 September 2010

Problem relating to Wakf Board property

Hi,

The property related to Wakf Board is in my possession from the  long period.The property is on Lease deed. Lease deed executed by the Wakf Board in favour of me.

2. Now i want to terminate that lease deed or want to become the real owner of that property.

3. So plz tell me that how i can purchase that property from the Walf Board.

4.What is the rules and provision under the Central Wakf Board Act according to which the servants of the wakf board determined the rate( price) of the property related to wakf board for sale, or take a decision for the sale of the property.

5. Is there is any collector rate of the property related to wakf board. (Only for Haryana)

6. Any collector rate which is applicable to all Wakf Board braches in India.

Learning

5 Replies

junaid ahmad (associate)     22 September 2010

Dear Gautam        Wakf properties are dedicated properties.Their ownership vests in ALLAAH. Waqf Board  or persons/officers serving under the BOARD has no right to sale or transfer wakf property.Property once dedicated as wakf it always remains wakf.It always remains inalinable. it cannot be sold.Th ewakf board has only power to manage control and deal it according to the wakf deed .DONOT try to purchase wakf property  As no ownership will transfer to you.

Ravichandran (IT )     01 August 2013

Hi,

We have been living in a place for around 70 years. Its not a wakf land now but some groups are threatening us to pay the rent and they say the land belongs to wakf.  when we screutenize we found this land was with wakf 40 years ago after that the muthavalli divided the land into multiple parts and sold to various persons.  only few lands are left without sold.  In some of earlier judgement it says that the wakf  property was not maintained as per the wakf law, so its been releived from wakf.  But now the groups are trying lot of things to attach the property to wakf.  is it possible?

we have been paying land tax around 50 years.  is it possible that wakf can vacate us if the land belongs to wakf?

is it possible that we can pay the amount to wakf and own the land?

can muthavalli sale the wakf property?

Please clarify my doubts.

Thanks and Regards

P. Ravichandran.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     04 August 2013

If the property is dedicated to WAKF, it cannot be sold even by the wakif or the owner. But if its supposed to take effect at a future date according to the wakf nama then it can be revoked by the wakif. I am not very sure in this part. Let the others comment....

Shabeer   18 February 2016

Hi, I want to buy a wakf property in exchange of my land adjacent to it. Please let me know the procedure. Thanks and Regards Shabeer

Shabeer   18 February 2016

Hi, I want to buy a wakf property in exchange of my land adjacent to it. Please let me know the procedure. Thanks and Regards Shabeer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register