Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayan Bhowmik (Executive)     18 September 2013

Probationary period

Sir,

In my company the duration of probationary period is of 6 (Six) months. I have already completed 6 months. I am running on 8th month, but I do not get any confirmation letter. I want to know if i do not get any confirmation letter , then will I be still under probationary period? In my appointment letter it is mentioned, probationary period may be extended for further such period depending upon your performance and conduct. But neither they give me any extended probationary period letter nor any confirmation letter. Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Sayan Bhowmik

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 September 2013

Approach a competent and experience labor consultant/service lawyer as ap.

The lawyer that has seen all of your docs on record can advice you the best.

Is it stated in appointment letter that service shall be confirmed in writing?

The bosses in the company are duty bound to conduct the appraisal in time and communicate to the employee in writing the services are confirmed or probation period is extended.

You may write to good office of appointing authority, MD raising your concern and ask for the status (as on expiry of 6 months) is Probationer or Confirmed employee?

You may conclude that no appraisal was conducted before due date of confirmation.

If the probation period is extended but your performance is good it is time to look for a company with good HR practices.

The company has already taken work from you for 2 months on the wages of probationer which should be less than that of confirmed employee.

Employee should act in time and communicate in writing on record under acknowledgment and keep copies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register