LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Majumdar (Business)     18 December 2014

Precaution while returning stridhan in caw cell

Dear All, Need your help and expert advice on returning the Stridhan in CAW cell in Delhi. My wife and myself have been residing seperately for 1 year now after 3 years of marriage due tempers not matching. No child born out of wedlock. after seperation she quickly filed cases of 498a/406/125 and DV to extract money from me. The cases are in very early stage and I'm avoiding summons for 125 and DV but 498a/406 CAW cell called me up on my mobile to participate in the proceedings. Now in CAW cell she has given her list of Stridhan which we accepted that we're willing to give it back in reply to her list. The IO has asked me to return all the stuff mentioned in my reply list in 15 days from now. I have all her articles as per the list and ready to give them back provided there is acknowledgement given to us in writing. Generally what precaution should I take to avoid any drawback to my case from wife and CAW cell? Has anyone completed the process? Is a lawyer required in such a case? Do I need witnessess to sign and do wife side also need to bring witness? Any specific wordings to be mentioned on the acknowledgement given? What is wife refuse to take the stuff by making false arguments, would CAW cell give me a receipt of all the stuff submitted with them?

Pls pls help as it is urgent.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2014

Do not do the mistake of handing over the articles to CAW cell women police.  Prepare a list of all the articles you intend to hand over to her; write that I ... hereby acknowledge the receipt of the undermentioned articles on this date from.... at CAW Cell police on.... which has been duly witnessed by .....  You do not have to mention any other things in it except that she would be willing to give her consent for a mutual consent divorce in the court if need be (this if she objects, you can delete it), yu don't require a lawyer to witness this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register