LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagdish Narayan Singh   04 April 2018

Prank in the process of probate

Prank in the process of probate I have been associated with my professor for the last fifteen years .After his demise ,I came to know through reliable sources that he had recommended my name alongwith the names of non biological children of his late married wife as dependent/heirs in his registered testament .When testamentary guardian/beneficiary approached to the court for probate ,dependents were not informed of any course of action taken by the court .Whole process was carried out in clandestine way .In this connection ,I urgently need forum's guidance ,insight view and suggestions how and where to proceed .

Learning

6 Replies

Sarika Bhure(Mahajan) (legal practioner)     04 April 2018

Hello Mr. Jagdish

Please contact the lawyer in your locality and file an objection in the said probate proceeding itself immidiately. After considering the objection the court will the decide to grant a probate to the applicant or not.

Yusuf Rampurawala   04 April 2018

You cannot be an heir of the deceased. However the children of his late wife who were born in another marriage of his late wife, would be legal heirs. So before grant of probate they are required to be notified. A revocation petition will have to be filed to challenge the grant of probate

You cannot be an heir of the deceased. However the children of his late wife who were born in another marriage of his late wife, would be legal heirs. So before grant of probate they are required to be notified. A revocation petition will have to be filed to challenge the grant of probate

Jagdish Narayan Singh   05 April 2018

The wife with whom he married was second wife having two children from her first husband .In this case ,property automatically gets transferred to heirs .Then what was need to make a testament and proceed for probate

Jagdish Narayan Singh   05 April 2018

The wife with whom he married was second wife having two children from her first husband .In this case ,property automatically gets transferred to heirs .Then what was need to make a testament and proceed for probate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register