Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suprakash mishra   05 February 2019

Power of attorney registration requirement

Sir,

I am staying in kolkata and bought a flat, but during the registration of property I will be not availaible in the city hence I want to make a power of attorney (POA) for my wife so that she can execute the regisration on due date.

Here I want to know that whether the POA is required to be duely registered with with sub register or a notary registered /certified POA can fulfil the purpose.However I want to inform you that my wife is also co owner of the flat which is going to be register.

I want a quick and valuable response from your side so that I can go ahead with it.

Regards,

Suprakash mishra

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 February 2019

To purchase a flat POA is not necessary.  You have to give an authorisation form (prescribed under Sec.32-A of Registration Act) to your wife and in that authorisation form your photo shall be affixed with your signature.  It does not require registration or notray.  At the time of registration she will attend on behalf of you and put her signature. this is for purchase only.

If for sale you have to give POA and it shall be registered in SRO.

1 Like

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     08 February 2019

Since the said POA is required for transferring the title of  a property, its registration is required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register