Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rathish (Sr.Engineer)     25 August 2015

Power of attorney (nri / pio to pio - person of indian orgn)

We Decided to buy a new property at Tambaram, chennai, i find some doubts for the same.

The history and Doubts are

1. From person "B" (Bhanu) the raw land sold to person "K" (Krishna) on 2004. (1Acre)
2. Person "K" (Krishna) converted the raw land to CMDA approved on 2006
3. 2006 The Person "F" (Father - PIO Person of Indian origin holding singapore citizen and passport) purchased (through GPOA "V"(Vijay)-Indian Resident) 2400sqft residental plot from Person "K" (Krishna)
4. Then Person "F"(Father) made a family settlement document to his (daughter- also POI Person of Indian origin holding singapore citizen and passport) "D" on 2011
5. Now daughter "D" and Father "F" both were staying abroad (Singapore citizen) and POI
6. Now Daughter "D" want to sell the 2400sqft resident plot, to my sister but "D" cannot able to come to India due to some personal reasons.
7. So, Daughter "D" decided to give specific POA to her father "F"

My queries are.
1. Is it acceptable the settlement person can get the specific POA power again from his daughter to sell the land. (from "D" to "F")
2. Is it acceptable to make specific POA from "D" to "F" (Because both are PIO and singapore citizen, not an Indian resident)
3. Any other precaution or steps to be taken from my side, to register the land...

pls. let me know as soon as possible...
Hope u understand the situation, if anything more required let me know... hoping best reply from your end...

Regards,
Rathish.G

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register