Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nandhakumarr   06 January 2015

Power of attorney confusion

Hi,

I am from Tamil Nadu.

we have a power of attorney for a land in the name of my brother (2008) and also one bond which denotes that my brother settled all money to the land owner.We are having all the original documents related to that land.Suddenly my brother was expired 1 year before and my brother's wife was also expired 4 years before.Now only we saw all the documents.How can we register that to my nephew and niece name.  My brother's mother taking care of  my nephew and niece. i just want to help them because all are small children. please advice me how can we approach. Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 January 2015

1. POA do not cofer title of the property purchased.

2. I think your brother's mother and your mother is the same person,  isn't it?

3. Show all the property documents to a local lawyer, in its absence no opinion can be formed and advised.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 January 2015

Agree with the expert's opinion.

nandhakumarr   06 January 2015

Thanks for the reply.

She is my aunt (my mother's elder sister).

checked in online EC , POA is not registered. 

and we have bond that all the money was settled to that land owner.

He didn't register it to make more profit because he did some real estate.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 January 2015

The unregistered power of attorney deed is basically of no value especially at the juncture where the power holder/agent is not more.  The deed even f it was registered will become infructuous after the death of the power holder or the principal.  The best way is to approach the vendor and arrive at an amicable solution for the relief desired.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register