LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sukhwinder Singh ( )     16 February 2018

Power of attorney

Hi. My family lives with my elder Uncle's family but in 2 different apartments on the same floor. We want to install/separate electricity meters for better control on our monthly spends. So far we have a common meter, in the name of my uncle. We pay half of the bill every month too. Now that we want to separate it, my uncle is not agreeing to sign the NOC for the same.

The property was under my grandfather's name and post his demise, since there was no will, his sons (including my father) signed a Power of Attorney to my Uncle for the property managing matters. Now that it has been 20+ years we are living in the same building but separate apartment, I want us to have a co-owner signed for my father and be able to take our decisions for property-sale (our half) and/or any other legal matters.

Please suggest what can we do in this matter.

Regards,

Sukhwinder Singh

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 February 2018

1. You can initiate court proceedings for Separation /Division of Property. This will solve all problems, permanently. Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 February 2018

Proper division/partition of the property and indivisual ownership should solve all issues...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register