LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dilip (businessman)     22 May 2015

Power of attorney

my father is 85 yrs old living with me in gujarat. we are having residencial property(in name of my father) in west bengal dist: burthwan. he now wishes to sale the house through POA in favour of  me. is registerd POA in gujarat valid to sale the house property in W.B.? 

i would also wish to know weather the registered POA valid even after the death of the executor.???

Learning

4 Replies

bsrao   22 May 2015

Yes. It is valid in WB, provide it is adequately stamped as per WB;s registration law.

No. Its is not valid after his death. You can have a will executed by him at the earliest to avoid hassles in the future.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 May 2015

transfer in your name through gift deed and you will get all the rights why poa

Amit keshri (Mangar)     23 May 2015

i am agree with the bsrao advise of the first part but execution of Will will not solve your problem as you have to file a probate case for grant of latter of admistration of the said Will and for that you have to come W. B. and the same case for execution of Gift Deed, you have to come W.B.

after the death of your father you will be owner of the property being legal heir of your father if you are sole son having no sister. so POA is good for you. 

dilip (businessman)     25 May 2015

thank you everybody for your generous coments and advice. i would futher like to ask wheather execution of WILL be appropiate in my case. we are 3 son and one married daughter. now issue is such that, my father is not in state to go W.B. and he is severly ill for last 2 days. he want to sell the property or tranfer it to my name as soon as posible without going to W.B. even my mother is alive. can my father execute a will from gujarat in my mothers name of  in my name?

plz help soon. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register