LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagaraj R (Para Legal Executive)     17 March 2015

Power of attorney

"A" a principle appointed "B" as an agent to do various acts, deeds and things through a registered Power of Attorney which is include power to sell and dispose the land/buildings and etc. based on PoA, Agent acted upon obtained Building approval and other things done other than sell the property. Subsequently "A" again appointed another person "C" as an agent for the same purpose. Based on the same "C" sold off all the properties on behalf of "A". i would like to know validity of the act done by "C". whether the act done by "C" is a valid contract? when there is poa in force, the principle appointed another person for acting for same reason. If i received reply and along with some judgement based on the fact, it will better me to understand.

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     17 March 2015

1. If in the P.O.A given to B some time limit has been mentioned for B to sell the property after construction and if B has not fulfilled such conditions then A is justified to give another P.O.A. to C for to sell the house and if C has done so then B would naturally drag the matter before the court and seek damages but then A has to prove that B had not acted as per the conditions of the P.O.A. given to him by A. The second P.O.A. given to C no doubt is of a nature of contract and would stand to be more lawful and legal if such P.O.A. was made for consideration which might not be in case of the P.O.A. given to B.

SUSHANT (associate)     17 March 2015

dear sir,

I WANT TO ASK THAT......WE HAVE 2 AFFIDAVITS, IN 1ST PAPER A PRINCIPAL HAS GIVEN THE POWER OF ATTORNEY TO HIS GRANDSON.

AND IN 2ND PAPER ANOTHER PERSON CLAIMS THAT HE HAS THE POWER OF ATTORNEY AND ALL THE DEALING WAS DONE BY A AGENT OF THAT PRINCIPAL BUT THERE IS ONLY SIGN OF AGENT....NO SIGN OF PRINCIPAL OR HIS GRANDSON. 

MY QUERY IS IS THIS PAPER REAL OR FAKE?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register