LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dorai Raj (NIL)     28 April 2015

Post office guide part i

Is there no distinction between a registered article addressed as ABC followed by the address and the one addressed as ABC C/o. XYZ followed by the address?  The procedure for delivery of such letters can be found in clause 60 (1) and clause 60 (4) (i) the Post Office Guide Part I.  Is there any authority / decision interpreting these two rules?  Can anyone enlighten me?  The rules are quoted below:

60 (1)  Delivery of registered articles, etc. to messengers or to care party – (1) If the

addressee specially authorizes the postmaster to do in writing (in the following form), the

postmaster will also deliver to the messenger all registered and insured articles and pay him the

value of all money orders (see clause 59) which may arrive for the addressee or his family;

provided that no value-payable articles will be delivered otherwise than as prescribed in clause 43.

“ I authorize the Postmaster of ………. to deliver registered and insured articles,

parcels and money orders addressed to me to my messenger (A or B or C) and on the

Postmaster delivering such articles and paying such money orders to any one of the

messengers named above and obtaining the latter’s receipt, I free the Post Office from all

responsibility in respect of such articles and money orders.”

60 (4) (i) An article addressed to A B care of a general or shipping agent or care of a Scheduled

Bank or its Branches in India will be delivered to the care party if it is not known at the post office

that the articles can be at once delivered to the addressee himself.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register