Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kumar (Unemployed)     11 March 2013

Post dated cheque for employment bond

Hello All,

Recently was interviewed by a company in jamshedpur and was asked to deposite a post dated cheque of Rs 50,000 as security money for an employment bond of fifteen months.

I was given a verbal joining date and was asked to come with the cheque, I handed over the cheque on my first day in office, however after working for few days they are reluctant to get the bond signed or issue the appointment letter.

I continued working for few days without any formal appointment letter and found the company really unprofessional and decided not to continue with them.

Now they are declining to return the cheque which I had submitted in anticipation of employment bond.

Since I have still not recived any formal confirmation of job nor have I received or signed the bond, I feel I should get the cheque back.

Is there anything I can do to get my post dated cheque back.

Please  advice/help me out of this situation.

Regards,

SK

Learning

2 Replies

Rajinder Kumar Arora (Advocate)     12 March 2013

Dear Santosh,

You may send a notice to the 'employer' stating (1) its non-fulfilment of obligations [issue of appointment letter or even the employment bond (which is as such not enforceable)] (2) return of the cheque and (3) your intention not to continue with the employment.

Best of luck

Rajinder Arora

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2013

While issuing a notice to the company demanding return of your post dated cheque held by them, endorse a copy to the concerned branch of your banker in which instruct them not to entertain this particular cheque when presented before them for encashment at a later date for the reasons cited in the notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register