LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni P (cra)     13 May 2013

Possession letter

I have got the possession of my flat in the year 2010 however I still havent got my possession letter.  Infact until recently I wasnt aware that I had to collect the possession letter from the builder. When I spoke to him a month ago, he said that a lost a few of the possession letter that he was supposed to issue to few other people in my building.So he needs to get duplicate copies of all those possession letters. Its been a month now, and whenever I call him, he tries to avoid it, by explaining me the procedure to get a duplcate copy that ne needs to talk to his lawyer, explain the reason for duplicate copy and various other things. I wish to know whats the procedure to get the duplicate copy as soon as possible. Does it really take so much time or is the builder just playing around, trying to avoid giving the possession letter to us. What action can I take to get the possession letter asap. Kindly advise.

Learning

6 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     15 May 2013

First, U give a application to the Builder for Possession Latter and specifically mention that u (Builder) are not give possession letter at the time of possession and then i request u many times but u are not give any responsed  for that and if they tell u give a application for "Duplicate Possession Letter"  at that time u give a reply that if we received original copy of possession letter from u the u give me a received copy of possession letter in your copy then i give a application for "Duplicate Possession Letter".

rahul pandharinath singare (legal officer)     16 May 2013

dear

u have Sale Deed that plat/?

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     17 May 2013

As per your query it seems that your developer has added some more text to your possession ltr, after your signing, thats the reason he is hidding it. Or else, there is not other reasons for same. Once the purchaser signs the possession ltr builders are free.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     01 June 2013

Give lawyers notice to builder, if does not respond file consumer case against him and also claim damages.

Ravindra (Site Engineer)     19 March 2015

Now a days builder allow the flat owner to stay in their purchased flat without Possession or Occupation letter. Builder provides only Allotment Letter which is accepted by Banks for final disbursement. Builder’s charges high maintenance charges and provide Tanker water supply instead of Govt. approved water connection. Also provide legal Electricity and Gas connection. Builder’s not showing interest in any repair or faulty workmanship in flat or in building and charged if attend. How common man fight against it?

Also builder have strong political connections, then how the consumer law safeguard the common people?

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     03 April 2015

Dear Queriest,

You can also file a application before a Consumer Redressal Forum for deficiency in service.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register