LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit   02 July 2018

Police verification

I received my passport by suppressing college address. Now I have been selected for central government job and I have to go through a police verification. where I am mentioning all my addresses. this will mismatch with earlier addresses or (information) provided by me in passport application. Can it lead to losing my appointment. If so what can I do legally to avoid this from happening.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 July 2018

The reasons for suppressing college address in passport is not known, and whether passport was provided to you is not known.   The presumption is that your passport was rejected on the ground of incorrect address.  However, be confident that it can never stand in your way of verification by police and it is just a routine exercise of knowing antecedents more on criminal complaints alone.  Do not worry on those trivial mistakes and never say to any one you have suppressed, if called just say you have not provided college address as you may not be in college all the time.   All the best.  Now that you have learnt that even small incidents may disturb you, be cautious in future.,

Rohit   02 July 2018

I have passport with me. They have not rejected my passport

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 July 2018

Police verification for the appointment would be on the basis of the information you have provided in the application for the job as well in the Attestation Form. The information in the passport is of no cansequence.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register