LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshul Jain (Assistant Manager)     23 December 2014

Police verification

Hi I have applied for passport on 14th Nov 2014. My permanent address in Rajsthan and I have been living in Mumbai since last 4 years. I applied for passport from my permanent address and local thana police verification got cleared. However when application was sent to SP office for review they sent to passport office with adverse remarks stating that I have been living in Mumbai. I spoke to passport authorities and they have informed me that police verification shall be done at Mumbai as well. I have rent agreement where I have been living for more than one year. What else documents I will require to complete police verification.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 December 2014

Rent agreement copy is enough show as an evidence to show at passprt officer. go ahead. If any identity card can be shown there. 

Anshul Jain (Assistant Manager)     02 January 2015

I have to reapply from Mumbai and I have registered rent agreements with me which proves that I am living at my present address for more than one year. I have spoken to few agents they are saying that I require NOC from my Landlord but website for passport does not show anything. If someone can please advise or if I need a legal advice whom should I consult.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register