LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Y.Ramamohanareddy (Techno architect)     09 November 2011

Police raised a false case against me and harassed me to pay

This is to inform you that my car(Ford Figo bearing no KA-03-MN-2465) met with an accident on 25-6-2011 around 10:30 PM near chickballapur on NH7. The accident happened when my car hit the divider line and no third party was involved. Immedaitely after the accident the highway petrolling police reached the spot and arranged a taxi to go back to Bangalore. I left the car on the highway and left to Bangalore. On 26th the chickballapur rural police towed the vehicle to the police station and raised an FIR with Crime No.207/2011 implicating me in a false case stating that I had hit a two-wheeler owned by Mr. B.R.Mahesh. On 27th when I went to the police station they(Krishna murthy and muni reddy) showed me a very old two-wheeler lying there and told me that I had hit it. I argued that no third party was involved in the accident and two wheeler was nowhere in the picture and they did not listen to me. They suggested me to accept the case and pay some penalty in the court and the case will go off, for which they were ready to arrange a person (if some amount is paid) with a valid driving license, on my behalf. I told that I myself will attend the court and signed on some documents and got back my vehicle from their custody. After one week the  police people sent two goons to my house and they were asking for Rs.40,000, which I denied to pay. After that nothing has happened and I thought the case got closed.

Yesterday I received a letter(M.V.C. No 5962/2011) from Motor Accident claims tribunal at Bangalore, asking me and insurance company(Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd)to appear before the court on 7-12-2011. The letter states that the petitioner is asking for a compensation of Rs.5,00,000.

In view of the above details Pls help me how to get the justice.

Learning

5 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     09 November 2011

You don't know what you signed?

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     10 November 2011

Dear Ramamohan Readdy

do you know about the documents in which you had signed?

hire a lawyer and fight the cases

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 November 2011

Who is the petitioner?  Is it Mr. B. R. Mahesh? Have you seen Mr. B. R. Mahesh before? Has the petitioner or Mr. B. R. Mahesh seen you before?  What is the basis given for the claim of Rs.5 lakhs? Does it give a narration of the case? Are you having copy of FIR No.207/2011? What exactly does it say? Does it give the registration numbers of your car and the scooter? What is in the FIR and what is before the Tribunal is one and the same? If you do not know what papers you signed at the time of claiming your car, get copies, if necessary, through RTI.  Avoid appearing in the court in person on 7th December. You can hire a lawyer and ask him to appear on your behalf and get an adjournment. Send one your friends and ask him to take photographs of the petitioner and others, if any, along with him. In trumped up cases, always there will be one or more missing links. If you try to piece together all that are relevant to the case, you will be able to find the gaps. One important thing is the dates. What is stated in the FIR and what the petitioner claims at the Tribunal should match?

If someone comes to you before the hearing date and suggests a compromise, do not turn him away. Do not commit anything, but at the same time do not act in a manner that he does not lose hope. Try to get his telephone number for contact.

I think this case will shrivel away, if you act tactfully.

Y.Ramamohanareddy (Techno architect)     11 November 2011

Hi Nadeem,

Can you represent for me? Howmuch do you charge for the case? You know the address of Motor Accident claims tribunal at Bangalore? Can I communicate with the judge regarding the case before the hearing?

thanks

ramamohanareddy

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     13 November 2011

I believe if you want to hire Mr. Qureshi, This you can discuss over PM or through his no.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register