Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Narasimhan (Dy Manager)     21 January 2018

Police inordinately delaying investigation after fir

Hi,

After a lot of persuasion and getting strong evidence with great difficulty,  I was finally able to lodge an FIR for illegally forging my signature to transfer property and stealing of documents.  FIR was lodged in May 2017 .

Since then there is no conclusion of investitgation proceedings,  and on Oct 2017 I was able to get order from HC instructing the police to conclude investigation as expeditiously as possible ...... even after this no progress ...... everytime I call the inspector says after one month. Subsequent to HC order,  I have also sent by speedpost two letters urging the police to expedite.

Did I make a mistake by filing a direction petition in HC before escalating the matter to higher officials in police hierarchy?

Now I wanted to escalate this to higher officials in police,  but do not know who I should escalate it to. 

Can anyone please advise what is protocol.  Who should I address the escalation mail and who it should be copied to.

The investigation is ongoing at DCB - Anti Land Grabbing Special Cell,  Kancheepuram, Chennai and invesigation currently going on by inspector of police.

Regards,

Ganesh

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     22 January 2018

First please indicate what happened to your property?  Is it safe in your hands or...

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 January 2018

You can move Contempt Petition if there is wilful negligence in complying with the directions of the High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register