LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Singhal (Finance Professional)     22 July 2018

Police delaying investigation in a death case

Dear Experts, My father died in June 2017 under suspicious circumstances, as when he died, a person was accompanying him, who had ill intention towards him. We called the police and a postmortem was conducted the next day. The postmortem report ruled the cause of death as a heart attack. The copy of postmortem report has been provided by the investigating officer to me. However, I have asked the police multiple times to provide me the final investigation report, but every time they send the reply that investigation is still going on. I am doing all these communications through RTI and have filed 4 such RTIs, and in every reply they said investigation was still going on. Now, since I know that police have special power to investigate any case, without any interference of any court of law, I request your advice whether I can move a court of law which may then direct the police to conclude the investigation at the earliest. Kindly also cite the relevant section of the applicable act. Thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 July 2018

It is their duty. If a crime was not observed in progress and was particularly serious or complicated, the police may assign the case to a detective. She will then manage a team of investigators to develop a list of suspects and find the actual criminal defendant. The detective may collect forensic evidence, like fingerprints, blood, or saliva found at the scene and send them to labs for analysis. She can also speak to witnesses to try to piece together what happened.

TGK REDDI   22 July 2018

Did you give any information to the police in writing about the suspicious death?     Did they file an FIR in the court?

If yes, you can file a Protest Petition in the court which, in Hindi, is called as Narazi.

Rahul Singhal (Finance Professional)     29 July 2018

Dear Sirs, Thank you for addressing my query. My apologies for responding late due to some unavoidable reasons. I am so thankful to you all.

Rahul Singhal (Finance Professional)     29 July 2018

Dear Sirs, Thank you for addressing my query. My apologies for responding late due to some unavoidable reasons. I am so thankful to you all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register