Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     24 February 2012

Police counselling at womens assistance cell

Dear sir,

me and my wife have been through police counselling, and were given next dates to visit for futher counselling, but after counselling my wife started quarelling with me and threatened me of not taking me home inside if i come home late after work, to which i reported this matter orally to the womens cell. they issued summons to her which she refused to accept, (i took the summon on behalf of police), she did not appear for the next 2 dates of counselling for which she was marked as absent, due to our ongoing dispute, i have started staying at my parents place, and i pay the monthly rent for the place where my wife stays, as she does not want to stay with my parents. i appeared at both the counselling dates, but due to her absence, the womens cell decided to file and close the case, they took a letter in writing from me (since i was the applicant) that i am living at my parents place, and due to our frequent quarrels, i avoid visiiting my wife, but i pay the monthly rent and other expenses of hers. at the end the police added a sentence that i dont have any other complaints, and wish the case be closed. to which i signed. and the case was closed.

i request someone to advice me on this matter, i wish to put a divorce petition in 2 months time, can the above situation be of advantage or of disadvantage to me in getting a divorce. or if my wife decides to file a future case of harrasment against me. your advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks and regards

Learning

1 Replies

Ramphal Mor (President)     27 February 2012

Dear Sanjeev,

you have not disclosed the date of marrige as well as neither you have disclosed the real cause of quarrels. It is not appreciable to leave the wife alone.You have not disclosed wether police has reached on the conclusion that cruelty is on the part of your wife or not.  As per your problem nothing is there which may be taken as ground of divorce. My advice is to take your wife back and join her company. For better life ther is a saying that

Be a little blind to her faults and be very kind to her virtues. It is reciprocal for her also and it is the oiling only

which run the cart.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register