LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   25 February 2018

Police calling for enquiry

My father aged 66 is getting call from Nagpur police station for enquiry regarding my brother case , he was died in heart attack.My brother and his wife seperated from my father and mother 10 years ago and my brother cheated to my father in various his self earned property and sold the properties with help of power of attorney. My brother and his wife had also lodged false complaints in police against my father and mother for harassment eventhough they were not staying my with parents. My father had registered civil suit against my brother for property fraud. Now brother was died because of heart attack and had postmortem and the day before he died my father got brain stroke attack and admitted to ICU and did not attend last rites of brother and My father is in Pune and undergoing treatment and not able to walk and speak properly and police asking to come for enquiry in Nagpur and police person also said my brother got attack becoz of case tension which my father had filed. My father is not in position to travel what to do.

Learning

1 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     25 February 2018

1.  If your father has filed any civil case against your brother, it is your father's legal right.  Police or anybody cannot object to it or hold that as a reason for anything.

2. If your brother was under tension or so because of the civil case, nobody can be held responsible for that.

3. when your father or any one of you were not with your brother when he suffered heart attack, again either your father or any of you cannot be held responsible.

4. When your father is suffering from the medical condition which you have mentioned above, and not able to travel to nagpur, he need not travel to nagpur.

5. You can inform the Police (Nagpur) in writing about your father's medical condition (enclosing medical report) and say how he is unable to come to nagpur in response to the summons.  Send this letter duly signed by your father through Registered Post to the Nagpur Police.  That is enough.

NOTHING TO WORRY AT ALL.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register