Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Police - action on a theft case -

sir,
we had a gold theft at our home 2 months back n chennai ...and we clearly stated the suspect to be a domestic help ...who used to do some carpenting work  for us on and off.
the police after performing enquiry on both sides..want us to wait for some time to monitor the suspect..
we also had some police from special police visit our home to get details of the theft site.that looked more like a eyewash visit.. no finger prints taken..just gathered the site and facts..
now  it has been 2 months..no fir or csr issued...should i push police to file a FIR in this case.. ?
if they don't register a FIR, what is the next level of authority that i can file a copy of my complaint with -
is FIR really possible to file in this case by just having a suspect with no other proof. when asked police to come and take finger prints, they said they cannot do it as it happened when we all were at home and not when it is locked..how to pressurize police in this case to keep the investigation going...

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 March 2015

First file RTI Application to SPIO, of concerned Police station  seeking information on day to day progress and present status of your complaint dt......, 2.The prescribed period within which copy of FIR has to be provided as per dept., norms  3.The reasons for not providing copy of FIR even after. 2 months. 4)The specific reasons for not taking finger prints immediately after complaint is made (any other query you require may be added)

The RTI Application has to be in the format and fee as prescribed by TN State and this you can find from the Police website or through TN RTI Rules and regulations.

(Police must provide copy of FIR as expeditiously as possible and it is their obligation.  Simply by receiving FIR copy nothing can be achieved, as small cases are always open and shut cases as they have several other duties and never focus on such individual / small cases.  2 months is a long gap, and a thief can not remain silent for two months and might have converted the articles)

If you are still interested in following up the case, contact an advocate and get instructions to Police through Court.

(Guest)

sir,
thanks..what sort of a court order can we get on this to make the police to act more seriously on this.
will it just be file a case a the court in the form of writ  or will it be against inaction of the police. ?
i really do not want anything to back fire in this from police with unwanted interrogation ?
all i am trying to get from police is .you have a suspect.and why a FIR cannot be file and interrogated..
or is the process of monitoring the suspect is what they usually follow?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 April 2015

If you are not satisfied about the police action or feel that the police is delaying/ignoring the complaint with out any valid reason/ground, you may file a petition before the magistrate court  u/s 156(3) cr.p.c. seeking its intervention to direct   police for expeditious action on your complaint.

(Guest)

sir,
thanks
the police says that,in their words -  " we have no issues taking the suspect into custody and getting him locked up and beaten up..but if the suspect commits anything unreasonable to himself because of this harrassment, then this will become more sensitive issues"
not sure- why police has to worry about this - is this how they approach in this matter..i thought they have their method of getting the suspect bring out the truth..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2015

You stand well advised by Mr Kalaiselvan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register