LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mak (sale)     29 July 2015

Poa for mutual consent divorce

I have question about preparing special power of attorney to represent myself in family court by my father.

I am living abroad & my ex-wife willing to apply for mutual consent divorce.

I want to give POA to my father to start process & sign affidavit on behalf of me.

Is it must to create POA on Indian non judicial stamp? Or

Can I get draft printed on plain paper & notarized in country where i am living & get it notarized by Indian consulate? Is it must to get notarized POA from Indian consulate?

Does all district court in Rajasthan have video conference facilities available? What if family court where we are filling papers does not have Video conference facility?

I got mixed verity of reply on my doubt/confusion about mandatory presence of mine to log the petition. Some says I have to be present to start the process, POA will not allow starting. But as per many case data available I found with POA, application can be initiated for mutual consent. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please advice

Learning

2 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     30 July 2015

@Mak - Some courts admit POA for Family matters, it depends on each court and judge. First verify and find out. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 July 2015

Get the POA notarised locally and send it to your attroney for further proceeding. It is perfect and acceptable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register