LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal   30 August 2015

Poa and property dispute

Hello friends, My father bought a property, which he partitioned later and gave 1/3 to his brother and 1/3rd to another person. However, after sometime, his brother with help from the other share holder, conned my father into signing a POA signed which got my father worried. So he tranfered the whole property in my name and took out a notice in a newspaper nullyfying that POA. So now the latest papers of that property are inmy name. Can I sell it without any conflict? Can any of the 2 people now cause any issues or make claims on the property or cause any legal hurdles in its sale?

Learning

4 Replies

Sekar   30 August 2015

If the fraudulent POA was not utilised before transferring the property to you. You have nothing to worry. And since the POA got nullified cancelled then it cannot cause any harm. You can sell it. But just one query is that how can he get your father conned into giving POA? Is it unregistered?

Sekar   30 August 2015

If the fraudulent POA was not utilised before transferring the property to you. You have nothing to worry. And since the POA got nullified cancelled then it cannot cause any harm. You can sell it. But just one query is that how can he get your father conned into giving POA? Is it unregistered?

kunal   30 August 2015

Since my Chacha asked my father he signed a POA but it was kinda blank and not related to the said property, and was unregistered. Hence my father took out an ad in the papers mentioning that the said POA stands cancelled and if anyone does any transaction using that will do so at their own risk.

kunal   30 August 2015

Thanks for the reply sekar. Can you also let me know what pit falls can be there and what should i watch out for? And is there any procedure to ensure no one can stop the deal from happening in case I proceed to sell that property. Since my father gave partitions of the property to 2 people, my chacha and some other person, does the later complete transfer of shop nullifies those earlier partitions given to those people ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register