LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m.kameswaran (student)     27 October 2016

Poa

my mother executed power of attorney to her borther son  in  2008 due to presure of pachayat  done by relatives. my father also forced my mother to sign in power of attorney. it is registered. can my mother cancell poa  now  she alive.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 October 2016

Yes. She can execute cancellation of POA and it should be registered and give to the Agent (to whom the POA given) the information regarding the cancellation of POA.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     28 October 2016

# 3

At the outset, the profile says you are a student & the summary advice is: Focus on studies, earn reputation, grow big; be a jewel to the eyes that cared you. Find out ways to keep parents etc happy. That will be a great reward to them, as well to society that nurtured you. Do not focus / force on these sorts of things & cause them anxiety.

But, it is also true in real life that there are peculiar circumstances. Be judicious & do what you want to in your case.

--------------XXXXXXXXX-----------------

Law & Legal definition governing CODICIL is as follows :-

A codicil is a written supplement to a person's will, which must be dated, signed and witnessed under the same legal rules applicable to the making of the original will, and must make some reference to the will it amends. A codicil can add to, subtract from, revoke or modify the terms of the original will. When the person dies, both the original will and the codicil are subject to the probate process and form the basis for administration of the estate and distribution of the assets of the deceased.

A codicil is used to avoid rewriting the entire will. A codicil should reference each section number of the will and the specific language that will be affected. It is important that a codicil is as clear and precise as possible to avoid undue complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register