LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Please suggest

I have done love marriage 2 years ago. From the beginning my married life was disturb due to mentally harassment from in-laws and hubby. I have 40 per disability but they no problem before marriage. But after marriage they are harassing me for these things. Due to this I am tired and left the home. Now the position is that they want divorce. They put condition saying If, I will sign the papers they will give my 20kg gold back. The gold which had been given to me at the time of marriage. Please suggest something that helps to resolve this issue as per law. 

Learning

12 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     04 December 2014

1. The amount of the gold is fabulous. You should try and understand that your marriage will not work out. It would be better to agree for Mutual Consent Divorce. The return of gold should be made as a written condition for such divorce. Contact a local advocate.

(Guest)

Sir, can’t we sort the marriage with counseling. Because I can’t go for divorce. As my younger sister is still remain to marry. If I take such step it will create problem for her also.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 December 2014

Mediators in family law cases are trained as licensed social workers, psychologists and lawyers. Some mental health professionals may not mediate financial issues such as support and property division. Some lawyer mediators may not mediate custody or parenting time disputes, so you should inquire before hiring them.

(Guest)

One more thing my husband is working in reputed bank. Our family thinking of taking legal action against them. any suggestion?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     04 December 2014

Knowing fully well that about you are differently abled, he tied the nuptial knot and now is backing off from the oaths he made in the marriage by just offering to return the Stri dhan, which he should otherwise also give and it is illegal and the courts will take your side if there will be any case you file against him.  If you take a legal action via domestic violence case and also thwart his efforts to get divorce by contesting the divorce case on merits, you will definitely succeed.  Further, he being a bank officer and you may get good maintenance also.  But the court will be helpless, if you insist that he should live with you, as this is beyond the capacity of the court.  So, summarizing the above: 1.  If you initiate legal action, you will get residential rights in matrimonial home.  2.  Maintenance 3.  If he files divorce, he will fail to succeed.  4. The court cannot force him to live with you. 

(Guest)

But  will I get any maintenance as I am also working in reputed company. 

gd dy (gd dy)     05 December 2014

20kg gold.
seems ur husband has no affection to money.
seems u r frm influential moneyed fmly and not surprised if u hv already taken second opinion frm a highest paid lawyer of supreme court.

(Guest)

Hello, gd dy I am not getting your point. What are you saying?

20kg gold is a big stake.
ur hubby don't care and at the same u too. frm u query it seems u leave it there  just like tht and ask suggestion wht to do ? only people fr whm 20kg gold is a child task can behave like u.

(Guest)

Yes I do care. That’s why I asked for any solution. Not divorce

reenaji why u deleted ur account ?

SuperHero (Manager)     05 December 2014

From Helping Hand.

Marriage "Its all about managing the show.".  Bad management = Bad marriage"

You both treat yourselves as not ONE but as different entities.  She is different entity and you are another entity.  Your marriage wont last long, it will be only on paper. 

Courts are for Criminals and Murderers and for legal purposes.. The moment a case is filed, marriage is broken.

Courts can't force a person to go and have a relationship.

Pray to GOD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register