Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swapna Misal (Asst Manager)     21 August 2014

Please help me on leave & license agreement

Hello Everyone,

I need your help reg. leave and license agreement.

I do have leave and license agreement between me and my owner for the eleven (11) months but because of my personal reason I left this flat or possession in between, so according to terms & conditions mentioned in this as;

(1) IN CASE THE LICENSEE desires to hand over the said premises to the LICENSOR the LICENSEE can do so by giving one months notice, or compensation in lieu of. in case licensor desires to vacant the said premises by giving one month notice to licensee.

(2) NOT WITH STANDING ANY thing contained herein it shall lawful for the LICENSOR in the event of the breach by the LICENSEE any of the terms and conditions of the said agreement to revoke the license or permission granted to the LICENSEE by giving one month previous notice in the writing of his intention and at the expiry of the said period this agreement shall stand revoked and the owner shall refund the security deposit against the vacant possession.

So, I followed first term & condition i.e. giving by one month notice to them on the date 21st July 2014 which ends on 20th august 2014 but I vacant the possession on the  date 1st August 2014 as I got another possession from this date. Now, she demands 15 days rent to be pay, saying as you vacant the place but you hold this possession.

Kindly let me know whether I have to pay 15 days rent or whether I am legally bound to pay 15 days rent. According to my knowledge the notice period is for refunding the security deposit to the LICENSEE as mentioned in the point no.(2), means notice period is for LICENSOR to manage or arrange the security deposit.

I would request you kindly guide me in this regards as I have cleared all the terms & conditions which are applicable to me i.e. ELECTRICITY BILL, MAINTENANCE CHARGES, ROOM RENT FOR THAT MONTH etc.

Thanking You,

Best Regards,

Swapna Misal

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     30 May 2016

TOR of agreement is depend up on party consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register