Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkatesh (abc)     19 March 2010

Please help me in getting married to my loved one

Dear sir,

My name is venki and i am 25 yrs of age,i am loving a girl age:24 and we both are working in chennai as engineers.we both belong to hindu bur different castes.The girls parents are not accepting for our marriage and threatening me and her that we must give up this.The questions for me now are following like,Now we both are in chennai only,but we are native of Andhra.can we aproach register office in chennai for getting marries will they allow it....also what is the correct procedure that we have to follow so that there wont be legally any issues.please help us...as we dont have anyother option if we dont get married....

Learning

16 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     19 March 2010

U can get married anywhere in India.  For getting a registered marriage in Chennai the office will require you to produce proof of residency.  If you have no proof of residence, better marry in a notified temple and get your marriage registered in the registrar's office.  Best wishes.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     19 March 2010

yes you can approach to the register of chennai - as you are working there,

if the girl is agreed , her father - no matter.

if you feel necessary you may report to police station. they will expedite all problems.

LAW IS WITH YOU, TILL THE GIRL IS WITH YOU.

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 March 2010

I would like to add that you need following documents for registration :

• Application form completed in all respect and signed by both Husband & Wife.
  • Proof of residence (Voter I-card/Ration card).
  • Separate affidavit in prescribed format from Husband & Wife.
  • Date of birth proofs of both parties (10th Class certificate, Date of birth certificate).
  • Two passport size photograph of Husband and Two Passport Size Photograph of Wife and one photo of marriage.
  • Marriage invitation card if available.
  • Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
  • In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage ( in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
  • In case applicant is a foreign national, a NO Objection Certificate in original from the concerned High Commission to be submitted along with the application form.
  • If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
  • One witness of Gazetted Officer ( Gazetted Officer should bring Official Seal and Office Identity Card)
  • IMPORTANT : All documents needs to be attested by Gazetted Officer.

prashant1314 (HR Learner)     19 March 2010

Thanks Suchitra for your reply.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     19 March 2010

I agree with the correct advice of Mr.Gundlapallis and other experts.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 March 2010

I do agree with Ms. Suchitra. U can contact me for further details at 9871158578 

redhuna (chief head)     10 October 2010

hai im just 18 only pursuing my college...... my family first accept my love, now they disagree with that .. because my caste and my loved ones caste is diff, but me and him are hindu... because he has chova dhosham , but it can me cured by prayachitra, i m ready for that to do it.. by my family disagree our love and also we both decided to marry in reg. off.... so that they wont seperate us... but we are not sure that we can marry because im 18 (25-05-1992) and him 22(29-1-1988).... can we be married... i want to married because he will get married by 23 itself... his family is just saying him that he must not love too... so we decided oly.... can u please how we can get maaried.....

waiting for reply,

redhuna

(Guest)

go for live -in, and if u feel like then marry her after some time. this is practical avdice seeeing todays marriage in ur kind cases scenario.

redhuna (chief head)     10 October 2010

pardon me ji, im in need to marry him.... can we get marry instead of live in... im just ineed that to know can i marry him by dec  month mam/sir..... sony ji......

sandeep verma (advocate)     20 October 2010

Documents required for Performance & Registration of court Marriage...

1.Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.

2.Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.

3.Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, Xth or XIIth Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.

3.If any party is divorcee – Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.

4.If any party is widow / widower – Death Certificate of the dead spouse.

5.If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address - Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.

6.Two Witnesses ( Both should be major )

FOR MORE DETAILS YOU CAN CONTACT  @ 9818673748 ( Adv.sandeep verma).

redhuna (chief head)     07 December 2010

hai im just 18 only pursuing my college...... my family first accept my love, now they disagree with that .. because my caste and my loved ones caste is diff, but me and him are hindu... because he has chova dhosham , but it can me cured by prayachitra, i m ready for that to do it.. by my family disagree our love and also we both decided to marry in reg. off.... so that they wont seperate us... but we are not sure that we can marry because im 18 (25-05-1992) and him 22(29-1-1988).... can we be married... i want to married because he will get married by 23 itself... his family is just saying him that he must not love too... so we decided oly.... can u please how we can get maaried..... kindly reply for my mail!

waiting for reply,

redhuna

sandeep verma (advocate)     07 December 2010

hi  redhuna

yes u can marry..you make me call i will expalin u thngs in details.. thier are so ways u can get married...

adv. sandeep

Rex Jeya Rajkumar (PhD Research Scholar)     27 April 2014

Ela jani (Admin)     19 November 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

I am  working in a Pvt Company in chennai. I am in love since 6 years . The problem is, the boy is from Andhra and I am from Tamil nadu and he currently working in Chattishgarh. His religion caste everything is different from mine and we willing to get marry. i.e I am Hindu and he is Christian . I dont need to explain further as because u might have understood how though and rough it would be if it has to be discussed with our parents. could we able to do register marriage without our parents notice? and what is the procedure to be followed to get married?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register