Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikram A (medical)     20 November 2015

Please help. 498 can be filed even after money settlement?

sir

let me be simple. I got married in 2009. seperated but not divorced in 2010. had a child in 2010. in 2014 after long discussions and outside court fightings our case came under court roof. other party have filed case in OP & GWOP for divorce and gaurdianship respectively. before any clearance from these two cases our common lawyer made CASH SETTLEMENT & GOT AWARD / PROOF FROM LOK ADALAT FOR PERMANENT ALIMONY..

OP case dismissed & disposed but GWOP for gaurdianship got in favor of Mother which i recently came to know through ecourtcases website. now i received a notice for OP (which was filed by female party for Ex-parte divorce decision under cruelty grounds.) which iam unable to understand. that case was dismissed few months ago and divorce was not issued, we thought of filing mutual divorce but circumstances and our common lawyer disintrest made me to ignore it.

what might happen next? 

CAN THAT LADY FILE 498A OR HARASSMENT CASE SOMETHING ON ME TO HARASS ME EVEN AFTER CASH SETTLEMENT IN COURT?

waiting for your better suggestions and guidance.

thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     20 November 2015

1. These are legal procures that have not been completed.

2. If the case was dimissed then what does the fact that alimony was paid imply.

3. ordinarliy the court should have awarded a decree for dissolution of marri9age.

4. So attend the summons hearings and pary for award of the legal divorce decree.

vikram A (medical)     20 November 2015

I dont have any problem to attend but my common lawyer eats lot of my money. Hmmmm. If she doesnt have any right to file 498a to harass me then in present notice it is mentioned that if the respondent doesnt attend court then inquiry n decision will be made ex-parte. The lady is in hurry to have divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register