LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

heart (partner)     03 July 2017

Please advise

I am an Indian citizen who was an employee in USA and has been recently retrenched wrongly by my Boss. I am back to India now and currently unemployed. 

I have the opinion that it is my Boss's fault to retrench me. As per my request, the President of my former organisation formed an enquiry committee. The committee interviewed me last week through video conference. Now they sent me a copy of my statements which they want me to sign and return them to take further action. 

Most of my statement contains supporting documents as evidences. However, there are few statemnets like abusive languages by my Boss over the phone or face to face discussion, etc. which have no supporting evidence or witness. 

If I sign this document and return, is there any chance that my Boss may take legal action against me (for example criminal charge/defemation, etc.) in future for such non-supporting statements? Me and my Boss lives in two different countries and he is not a citizen of India. 

Also, if I successfully defend my case, there is a chance that I get back my lost job. 

Please Advise me. 

Thanks

HG

Learning

1 Replies

Arjun Kohli   03 July 2017

As far as I believe, the cause of action lies in the United States and not India. Therefore, the land of law applicable will be of the United States. Legally, it is often not wise to solely advise anyone on the merits of the case as the legal technicalities and rules can vary between nations.

I would suggest you to wait on the report of the committee, while you look out for a capable legal counsel(s) who have an experience in Private International Law and they may be able to help you more efficiently.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register