Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aa123456   05 March 2016

Place of birth change in indian passport (legal documents)

I am currently living UAE and looking to change the place of birth in Indian passport.
Per advise from the Indian consulate here(https://www.blsindiavisa-uae.com/passport/Correction-of-Date-Place-of-birth-involving-issue-of-new-passport-for-EOI.php),

i need a court order from First class judicial magistrate in India.

I have place of birth certificate.

My place of birth is  "Kumbakonam" but in pasport it is mentioned "Engan". My native place near to City "Thiruvarur","Kumbakonam", " in the state "Tamil Nadu".

I have consulted a few layers in my area, they are saying it will take more than 6 months and asking me to surrender passport.

Looking for lawyers from the following areas - "Thiruvarur", "Kumbakonam", "thanjavur", "tiruchirappalli" to help me. Please share your email or contact number, i will reach out to you separately.

Regards

Balamurugan. V

+971 553217082

emailId: engan.balamurugan@gmail.com

Learning

4 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     05 March 2016

1. How come you have had mentioned a wrong name of place of birth while filling the form for seeking a passport? did you or did you not submit your birth certificate copy to the passport office?

2. What diffrence will it make if you have such chage made?

3. Of course you can have such amendedment made without surredreing your passport.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 March 2016

search google. to the best of my knowledge ashokan, advocate, tiruchirapalli.

Aa123456   06 March 2016

Dear Rohit,

1. How come you have had mentioned a wrong name of place of birth while filling the form for seeking a passport? did you or did you not submit your birth certificate copy to the passport office?

=>i took passport 10 year's back, that time birth certificate is not mandatory, i think applicaiton filling was wrong. my palce of birth is "Kumbakonam" but my native place is mentioned there.

2. What diffrence will it make if you have such chage made?

=> I am doing new zealand imegration, passport place of birth and birth certiface should match

please let me know how to get court order or  can you share your contact details.

Aa123456   06 March 2016

Thanks kavksatyanarayana,

i googled, many people telling different opinion, i will try to contact ashokan, advocate, tiruchirapalli. if you have contact number please share to my personal email id engan.balamurugan@gmail.coom

is he ASHOKAN. T.S ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register