Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Pl quote Article No. restricted criticism on judgments ?

Request to Learned Members

Please quote Article of Constitution;

(1) which restricts criticism on judgments and on working of courts & judges?

(2) which says - The Judges are Lords ?

(3) which says - The judges are not public servants so they do not falls under any conduct rules like other public servants ?

Learning

12 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     14 October 2010

Conduct rules are for administration. Giving wrong judgment does not fall within misconduct etc. Even in the State or Central Act you will find that  action by the officers are protected under the guise of 'good faith' and 'it is very difficult to prove malafide'.We are still under british mentality.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     14 October 2010

Very good observation by Niranjan about the "good faith" clause as a escape route to government servants. Does this clause of "good faith" in the statute, not reduce it to practically to just an article of faith instead of a law in any real sense?

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Ram Samudre - DRF
"
Request to Learned Members

Please quote Article of Constitution;

(1) which restricts criticism on judgments and on working of courts & judges?

(2) which says - The Judges are Lords ?

(3) which says - The judges are not public servants so they do not falls under any conduct rules like other public servants ?
"

NONE IS HERE "LEARNED" - this?  So, "THE LORD HERE" is only a "IMAGINATION OF GHOST".

Please come out of imaginations and go by the facts of the Articles of our GREAT DEMOCRATIC CONSTITUTION since IT IS JUST FOR YOU, FOR ME, FOR ALL OF US.  SHAKE HANDS FOR IT.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     15 October 2010

Sooner or later there would be a bill proposed to constitutionally guarantee all such aspects quoted by the querist

(Guest)

Thanks Mr. Parthasarathi for positive hope, if happened, it will be good for all of us.

(Guest)

One doesn't need to know the truth by reading the Articles of the Constitution. Indian State has withered away. Now that's not written in the constitution. See some highly incriminating videos on you tube by Dr. Subramaniam Swamy. He's a very intelligent man and very thorough. What the current setup is doing is all there.

(Guest)

"I raped and murdered her "in good faith".

(Guest)

"I robbed a bank in "Public Interest"". Good faith and Public Interest work very well in promoting crime, corruption and other good things which are in the domain of the Republic of India's Rulers.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 October 2010

THE WORD ' GOOD FAITH' IS  RESTRICTED MEANING. NOT EVERYTHINGH INCLUDED BLINDLY.

IT IS NOT THE CONSTITUTION BUT THE CONTEMPT OF COURT ACT CREATES THESE CONFUSION.

(Guest)

Dear Arup ji, please help me out here.

Is criticism on a court's decision treated as contempt of court under any constitutional provision?  if so, can you please post the text or any web link of the same here? Please let us know. 

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 October 2010

2. Definitions.

(a) contempt of court "means civil contempt or criminal contempt;

(b) civil contempt " means wilful disobedience to any judgment, decree, direction, order, writ or other process of a court or wilful breach of an undertaking given to a court;

(c) criminal contempt " means the publication (whether by words. spoken or written, or by signs, or by visible representations, or otherwise) of any matter or the doing of any other act whatsoever which-

(i) candalises or tends to scandalise, or lowers or tends to lower the authority of, any court; or

(ii) prejudices, or interferes or tends to interfere with, the due course of any judicial proceeding; or (iii)interferes or tends to interfere with, or obstructs or tends to obstruct, the administration of justice in any other manner.

COPY OF THE ACT SENT TO YOU. CHECK YR PM

(Guest)

Thanks Arup ji, later I'll read it and decide as how much extent to go through it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register