LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (aaa)     29 June 2015

Pl guide

deal all experts - last year, we won the case u/s 420 filed on me, my parents, sister and brother in law. the case was filed by the girl's father and the whole trial took place in a span of 6 years. i came out on bail after 7 days in Jail for no fault of mine.

in the end, we won the case and the judgement was in favor of us stating "benefit of doubt" and hence acquittal.

my lawyer recommends to file a compenseation/defamtion case on them for the damage and receive a lump sum but he is not telling me clearly the time it takes if we file a case ont he girl and her parents including her brother.

Please guide me how long the case would go if we file on them both civil and criminal under malicious procesecution and defamation or each one separately.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 June 2015

You can file civil as well as criminal case.  It may take time.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     29 June 2015

Speedy Trial / Proceeding are the right of both accused and complainant. You need to make speedy trial order from the high court in case of slithering trial/proceedings. Sample petition is available in my profile links.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register