LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiva Prakash Reddy BK (Application Developer)     23 January 2014

Pf name mismatch

Hi, I was working with a private company and now I want to withdraw the PF money. i found out that while my full name is, Shiva Prakash Reddy BK, the PF account was updated as Shiva Reddy BK. The PF consultant asked me to submit an affidavit stating both the names are same.  

I am worried about the procedure. please let me know is this the right procedure to get the money back and also what should I mention in affidavit.

Many Thanks,
Shiva Prakash

Learning

24 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 January 2014

It means your company has not deposited PF with your correct name and you can compell them to deposit again if you make a complaint that no PF dues of  "Shiva Prakash Reddy BK" is deposited.

affidavit

how do you know that there is none called "Shiva Reddy BK" and how do you know that you are claiming your own money.

PF consultant

do not mistake him as an official expert.  EPFO does not license them.  They have no qualification prescribed. They have no registeration.  No accountability can be fixed on him?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 January 2014

another querist with similar problem

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=71695&offset=1#.UuDwb_vhUsY

Thank you sir for your responce. The problem is I have left that Company. Can I still ask them to change the name of my PF account?

Thanks,
Shiva Prakash

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 January 2014

Mr. Sudhir Kumar has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

The employer shall match your name filled in employment application signed and submitted by you with your testimonials like Matric School Certificate, educational Certificates, PAN Card.....................................and if there is a variance it shall object then and there......................................

Now you have to compare the name(s) given by you in employment application, testimonials and PF a/c opening form..........................

Did you write your name in PF a/c opening form as ‘Shiva Reddy BK’?

It has to open PF a/c in correct name and should reject the form if there is any variance.

Thus if PF a/c is not opened in correct name then it is error of employer.

Alternatively you may pursue RTI route to obtain copy of your PF application from EPFO.

You may seek an appointment in writing under acknowledgment on this matter, visit the HR in person and examine the files with HR and find out what is the reason for error.............................

EPFO does not recognize ‘PF Consultants’.

Rest is up to you.

Thank you Mr Kumar, I have given the complete name, Shiva Prakash Reddy BK in all the documents and PF application form. I will act as you have suggested .

Many Thanks,
Shiva Prakash Reddy

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2014

you said

"Can I still ask them to change the name of my PF account?"

why should they listen to you voluntarily when they tend to lose nothing by ignoring your request and will have to work hard and fail in changing name.

There is absolutely no provision to change the name of subscriber.  Had such provision been there then many employers would have terminated any employee and submitted revised returns in another name and thereby usurp his PF dues.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2014

All that can be understood is that

(I)  You are Mr "XYZ"

(ii) Apparently no PF is deposited in the name of "XYZ"

(iii) you are being asked to claim dues deposited n the name of "XY".

(iv) you are being asked to provide an affidavit by a person who has no locus standie. (if civil/criminal action is taken by EPFO then it is against the proprietor and not the person whom you call PF consultant).

(v) You have not been assured that it is your money and not of someone else.

(vi) You have not met any EPF officer ( APFC and above).

(vii) You have not met your bankers on this issue.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Shiva Prakash Reddy BK (Application Developer)     24 January 2014

Hi Sudhir,

You correct with the details. 

Thanks & Regards,
Shiva Prakash

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2014

Mr. Sudhir Kumar has explained in details.

Has the establishment ever supplied the annual PF a/c slips/ pass book showing the contributions by employee, employer and interest accrued and PF balance in PF a/c? The employer is bound to supply the same every year.

If it had you could have pointed the error in name.

Now you can demand the same at an appropriate time and declare this was never supplied to you.

If employer opened a/c in another name it can't have any argument.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2014

If my above impressions are clear then you will get no money because so far

Shiva Prakash Reddy BK (Application Developer)     26 January 2014

Hi I worked in the company for 15 Months. I didn't get the any statement by them. Has similar cased happened earlier? if so, how was it settled? Please help me with that..

Thanks,

Shiva Prakash

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2014

people do not get theslip for years.  SO what.

so far

Prasad   25 June 2015

My name is prasad i Do not hane second name......but in pf office mentiond as my fother nane as a second name...
it should be problem for me when i m applying the pf claim
But im already  told my compny but they are telling pf reqired second name...that is truth or not please tell me

Prasad   25 June 2015

My name is prasad i Do not have second name......but in pf office mentioned as my father name as a second name...
it should be problem for me when i m applying the pf claim...i am told in company but they are telling pf required second name that is truth or not '' 
please advice me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register