Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashokan Achuthan (Service - Head Legal & Company Secretary)     04 April 2017

Pf exempted category-trust acting illegally.

I workd for a Company named Hindustan Dorr Oliver Limited in Mumbai for 3 years as Manager. As my salary for 9 maoths were not paid, (the case with all the employees) i resigned after giving proper notice. When i want to withdraw my PF, the Company Employee looking after the PF, says the PF Number cannot be given to me as i had not handed over the charge. Nobody wsa poointed in my position. When i went to PF office to get my PF Number, they say that the Company's PF is a Trust (Exempted) and they do not have any record. I have to get my PF No. to apply for withdrawal. 

Please advise me as to what are the options available to me they refusing to give me my PF No. and do not allow my PF Withdrawal as they have a Trust and do anything they like.

Ashokan Achuthan

ashokanachuthan@gmail.com

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2017

PF cannot be stopped.

It appears that trust is violating examption conditions and you may submit written complaint to RPFC.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2017

You have posted that:

“As my salary for 9 maoths were not paid, (the case with all the employees) i resigned after giving proper notice…………………………When i want to withdraw my PF, the Company Employee looking after the PF, says the PF Number cannot be given to me as i had not handed over the charge.

Was any salary slip issued to you for 9 months and before 9 months?

Apparently the salalry has not been processes and PF contributions have also not been nprocesses.

The employer can not decline to give the PF bnumber.

You may also go thru the PF rules of the Trust.

It may have a clause on issuance of say: Passbook.

You may write to designated person/ authorized signatory for PF  and good offices of Trustee for PF and appointing authority,MD…………………….under proper acknowledgment.

Thereafter approach EPFO as suggested by Mr. Sudhir Kumar.

Ashokan Achuthan (Service - Head Legal & Company Secretary)     06 April 2017

Thank You Sir, very much.

Ashokan

Ashokan Achuthan (Service - Head Legal & Company Secretary)     06 April 2017

Thank you Sir, very much.

Ashokan Achuthan

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

You are welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register