LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gokula krishnnan (animator)     02 August 2015

Petitioner in person

dear sir/madam explain... petitioner in person or party in person? is it valuable in court. will judges encourage this.

Learning

4 Replies

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     03 August 2015

party in person is recognized by law and courts. you can try to prosecute your case on your own accord. when you could not continue, then think of appointing an advocate. wish you all the best. Any how contact me in case of urgency. GY SHARMA ADVOCATE WARANGAL Mobi: 09849345755

S.JEEVAGAN, Madurai. (Advocate, High court )     03 August 2015

Sir,

As an Ex-Judge, I can tell you from my own experience that judges will certainly encourage the litigant contesting the case as party in person and would definitely guide you when the said litigant is ignorant of certain provisions of law. However, if the said litigant comes to the Court of law without knowing anything except the facts of the case and finds himself  difficult to face the challenge comes from the experienced lawyer appearing for the other side, the judges would advice the litigants appearing as party in person to take the assistance of an able lawyer so that he would not lose in the legal battle. You are, therefore, advised to contest the case as party in person only if you can convince yourself that you have gained sufficient experience in the court proceedings. No mercy would be shown on you by the judge while decidng the case merely because you are not an advocate and contesting the case as party in person. Please get to know that there is a vast difference between real court proceedings and the one shown in Indian movies. 

My e.mail id is : jeevaganadvocate@gmail.com  

My cell No. is  : +91  98421978559842197857.

KINDLY MAIL ME  AND GET APPOINTMENT BEFORE SPEAKING TO ME ON PHONE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2015

The answer to query is petitoiner in person.

Well advised by expert Mr. S Jeevagan.

However, exceptions are everywhere and it is not a thumb rule that the courts may encourage litigant in-person due to ignorance of court procedure and differenting between relevant and irrelavant, beside lack of professionalism (as expected).

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 August 2015

Mr. TGK Reddy is speaking about his bitter experiences alone.  He is expressing his views out of ignorance.  The fact is that generally the judges do have soft corners towards the parties in person as rightly remarked by learned retired Judge Mr. Jeevagan.  The litigants who do not know the procedures of court are advised to take the help of free legal aid from district legal services authority too. 

The question of querist is whether petitioner in person or party in person, which is correct?,  The answer is both are correct, let us not stretch this thread beyond the query into controversial issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register