Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

James   27 October 2015

Personal loan outstanding

Dear All,

I had a personal loan from 2010 to 2014 in CitiFinance and completed paying all EMIs w/o fail and do not have a clousure letter. When I apply for a new personal loan in 2015, I have been informed that my Cibil score is bad due to my personal loan which I already had. I inquired CitiFinance to know what, I have been told that I had paid all 47 EMIs and 1 EMI is pending from June'2013, requested Loan statement and verified with my bank and found there was indeed check bounces by June'2013 - I refered to my old record and seen that I have been contacted by Citi's associates by July'2013 and I have made this payment by cash on 2nd August'2015 and I do not have this payment receipt now. After 2 years I am being said that i have 1 EMI outstanding and I need to pay that including the interest till date in order to close my loan account and provide me the closure letter. I need their closure letter in order to rectify my cibil score, please advice how this issue should be resolved legally.

Learning

3 Replies

shivaraj (Tech)     27 October 2015

mee too facing same problem with HDFC

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     30 November 2015

The answer to both queries is to negotiate the matter and get it closed and get a letter from concerned Bank, for future purpose. Entering into legal wrangle will delay things further.

NITTIN TREHAN (Advocate)     11 May 2017

Agreed. You may contact our Debt Management unit to help you in settling your loans with banks.

Regards

Trehan Debt Management & Counseling Service (A unit of Trehan & Associates)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register