LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar   21 June 2018

Personal loan

Good morning everyone, My wife had taken a loan from Hdfc Bank, I am not able to pay EMI for the past 5 months as I lost my job and wife left her due to maternity, now we got a summons Can I attend the court in place of my wife.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 June 2018

You can file absent petition mentioning the reason clearly. 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     21 June 2018

You engage an advocate who will appear on behalf of your wife with her signed vakaltnamma and pray for time for her personal appearence after she is fit to attend the court proceedings.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2018

If your spouse is borrower then she can pay to regularize the loan, to close the loan  and close the matter……….

She can explain her sickness and inability to come and ask to reschedule the loan…..and lender may agree..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2018

She can sign Vakalath in favor of her own senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil  matters  and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/bye laws-Act in the state  … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and her counsel can appear…

Her counsel can advise further after examining all case related docs…

For such counsels check locally in Local Civil courts, HC……

If you wish to represent to bank on her behalf she can issue authority letter/PoA in your favor..and bank may accept it..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register