LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Permanent

sir how many years take a company to permanent a temporary embloyee ? concern labour law act and rules describe me.

Learning

4 Replies

kameswarao S (Head HR)     27 August 2015

What do you mean by permanency, either employer or employee can terminate their contract of employment by giving notice as per the mutually agreed terms and conditions.

In regular employment there will be confirmation and in temporary and contract employement there is no time limit and even chances are very minute.  If you are working on temporary basis for years together then you can approach the authorities under statute or proceed legally. 

brijendrasingh   27 August 2015

The defination of 'Permanent' Workmen" as per Shedule -I Para-2 of the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) (Central Rules 1946 is appended below:-

(b) A 'Permanent Workman' is a workman who has been engaged on a permanent basis and includes any person who has satisfactorily completed a Probation period of three months in the same or another occapation in the industrial establishment, including breaks due to sickness, accident, leave, lock-out, strike (Not being an illegal strike) or involuantary closure of the establishment.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2015

For the application of standing orders: An Industrial establishment may not be a factory alone.

A 'workman' that has completed 240 days in service may also succeed.

Post full details of your matter.

1 Like

(Guest)

i am joining in the daily thanthi(tamil magazine) company  in 2002 june. also i am working in the first 6 months i am continuosly working without a single day leave. i am working as a full time reporter. but the company permanent me in 2007 june.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register