LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vimal   08 October 2018

Pension amount rights to wife

Respected Sir / madam, Due to a harsh circumstances / argument, my father (ex navy) had to leave house 1 week ago. Already, for past couple of months, he didnt give the pension amount to family. Now he is threatening us that he will never give the amount as it belongs to him. Since he left, he is asking for his pension related document from my mom forcefully. 1. Is there a chance for him to remove my mom name from the pension and nominate some other person (we suspect him to have an illegal affair) 2. To what extent my mom has the rights over the pension amount. 3. Can my mom legally take this forward to avoid any misuse. Please guide us. We are holding the documents until this clarity.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 October 2018

Dear querist,

Your mother being his legally wedded wife is entitled for family pension after your father life.

Your mother right of family pension can be suspended only after divorce of your parents.

During life time of your father neither your mother nor any children have any right on his service pension.

Your mother and any other minor child can claim maintenance from your father by court.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Vimal   08 October 2018

Thank you.

Very informative.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register