LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shahul   08 February 2018

Pending salary, pf and gratuity

I relieved on 23rd dec 2017 from a pvt limited. total year of working 8 years.

Pending salary they have to pay 45000 rs

They are delaying the salary. I go directly to the company but they said will arrange soon. 

I sent emails to them but no response. 

What is the procedure to get the arriar salary? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About PF they are postpond the time. Now they are saying they will pay the PF amount by march 1st week. I don't trust they will do that on time. they have to pay 18 months pf amount. 

What should i do now? I am ready for any legal steps to claim the PF. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About gratuity, after 45 days from the date of relieving i applied for it by sending form I in the register post. 

is it ok to apply after 30 days? i am not informed by the company about my gratutiy. pending salary also the reason for delay in applying gratuity after 30 days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i need expert advise to claim salary, pf and gratuty from my previous employer.

Currently i am unemployed.

Learning

11 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 February 2018

While posting such queries employee should post basic information!

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial?

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons report to you?

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? Since how many months you are working? Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing?

Does offer/appointment letter/contract of employment state that notice pay in lieu of notice period is not accepted?

Which is fixed pay day? Has salary not been paid on pay day?

Has salary slip been issued and supplied?

What is monthly salary?

Has company issued any notice on closure of company?

Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by you?

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you?

Does the establishment have its appraisal system? Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date? How was your performance?

Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions?

Has the establishment issued/supplied, offer letter, appointment letter, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card, correct FnF statement, Form 16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment and acceptance of notice of resignation/final resignation, acknowledgment of handover of charge, NOC/NDC……………?

According to you what is the actual reason for delay/Non payment?

PF; apparently; you have opted for PF withdrawal. Have you submitted PF withdrawal forms under proper acknowledgment?

The PF a/c is with EPFO or PF trust of the company?

Write under proper acknowledgment to supply the acknowledgment issued by say; EPFO against your attested PF forms submitted by employer. Employer could have attested and submitted within 5days from date of receipt.

Gratuity; You have written letter to company to supply payment of Gratuity or submitted FormI?

Does THE PAYMENT OF GRATUITY ACT, 1972 apply to company in each year from your DOJ till LWD?

GO thru:

THE PAYMENT OF GRATUITY ACT, 1972;1,2A,7

https://maitri.mahaonline.gov.in/pdf/payment-of-gratuity-act-1972.pdf

You may download the POD from Indiapost website and also obtain from PO and write to company attaching scanned copies of your letter/FormI and POD and mention that ‘Notice of Determination of Gratuity’, requisite form if any and payment of Gratuity has not been supplied to you till date and be supplied immediately.

If payment is not made within 30days from LWD company is liable to tender interest @ 10%pa.

Whom you have been meeting in person; say Line Manager or HR person?

Escalate to good offices of appointing authority, MD/CEO under proper acknowledgment.

Industrial

Electronic testing equipment manufaturing

currently 5 person but more than 15 people employed 1 year back

R&D Engineer

MD

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

.No

You are in which state?

Tamil Nadu

Since how many months you are working?

8 year 3 months

Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing?

yes confirmed

Does offer/appointment letter/contract of employment state that notice pay in lieu of notice period is not accepted?

notice period properly served.

Which is fixed pay day?

they never pay salary on fixed time. It will be delayed up to 2 months

Has salary not been paid on pay day?

always delayed. no pay day.

for last three months

no. company is functioning

Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

no

What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by you?

not mentioned in the offer letter

no

Does the establishment have its appraisal system?

yes

Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date?

yes

How was your performance?

good

no

Has the establishment issued/supplied, offer letter, appointment letter, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card, correct FnF statement, Form 16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment and acceptance of notice of resignation/final resignation, acknowledgment of handover of charge, NOC/NDC……………?

yes

lack of business due to mismanage the business

PF; apparently; you have opted for PF withdrawal. Have you submitted PF withdrawal forms under proper acknowledgment?

No i haven't submitted PF withdrawel form yet. Is it required to wait for 2 months before appliying? The employer told me to wait till march first week. They need to pay last 18 months PF amount.

EPFO

Gratuity; You have written letter to company to supply payment of Gratuity or submitted FormI?

submitted form L through registered post.

Does THE PAYMENT OF GRATUITY ACT, 1972 apply to company in each year from your DOJ till LWD?

i don't understand  what you are asking.

CEO

Originally posted by : shahul

Industrial

Electronic testing equipment manufaturing

currently 5 person but more than 15 people employed 1 year back

R&D Engineer

MD

.No

You are in which state?

Tamil Nadu

Since how many months you are working?

8 year 3 months

Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing?

yes confirmed

notice period properly served.

Which is fixed pay day?

they never pay salary on fixed time. It will be delayed up to 2 months

Has salary not been paid on pay day?

always delayed. no pay day.

for last three months

no. company is functioning

no

not mentioned in the offer letter

no

Does the establishment have its appraisal system?

yes

Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date?

yes

How was your performance?

good

no

yes

lack of business due to mismanage the business

Does MD report to you?

Prespectives; The compnay may indded pay to you.

As RD Engineer you may/may not be covered by def. of 'Workman' as in ID Act...

Your duties on record may matter.

You may be covered by the def. of wages as in Payment of Wages Act and may approach Inspector under the Act...

If you are not covered you may have to approch civil Courts.

Unions can help and employer may pay up.

Originally posted by : shahul

No i haven't submitted PF withdrawel form yet. Is it required to wait for 2 months before appliying? The employer told me to wait till march first week. They need to pay last 18 months PF amount.

EPFO

submitted form L through registered post.

i don't understand  what you are asking.

CEO

Write to supply PF number in writing and a/c slips of each year and submit PF withdrawal forms under proper acknolwedgment..

Ask to supply all pending salalry slips showing PF deduction.

Write in letter for Gratuity as already suggested. 

Unions can support and also make you properly informed.

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
Does MD report to you?

Prespectives; The compnay may indded pay to you.

As RD Engineer you may/may not be covered by def. of 'Workman' as in ID Act...

Your duties on record may matter.

You may be covered by the def. of wages as in Payment of Wages Act and may approach Inspector under the Act...

If you are not covered you may have to approch civil Courts.

Unions can help and employer may pay up.

No one report to me. I report to MD.

How do i approach inspector under the wages act? I am chennai. what is office address of this department?

Also how do i approach union? 

Ask at LOCAL O/o Labor Commissioner....

Unions can be aproached by visiting their office e.g; CITU/INTUC/BMS/AITUC.............or Local Unions....

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

Write to supply PF number in writing and a/c slips of each year and submit PF withdrawal forms under proper acknolwedgment..

Write in letter for Gratuity as already suggested. 

Unions can support and also make you properly informed.

If  i request this documents they will simplay reject the request by not reponding to it.

When should i send Notice of Determination of Gratuity. I sent FormL 2 days back. Today they received it. 47 days after relieved from the company. 

Can i send Notice of Determination of Gratuity by tomorrow? or i have to wait for specific time after submission of formL ? 

shahul   10 February 2018

When should i send Notice of Determination of Gratuity. I sent FormL on 5th feb 18.  47 days after relieved from the company.  Can i send Notice of Determination of Gratuity now? or i have to wait for specific time after submission of formL ? 

Please give your opinion. Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register