LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ronak   23 August 2015

Payment settlement between yatra.com and hdfc bank

on 9th May'15, i have made a flight booking with yatra.com from Delhi to Sri Nagar and Sri Nagar to Delhi dated 22nd May'15 and Return on 27th May'15 for 4 passengers ( my Friend's brother family).

Transaction date :9th May 2015

12:13 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding booking confirmation with reference no : 09051528516.
12:13 PM - received a SMS from HDFC team for 27499 payment made on yatra site.
12:15 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding "unable to complete your booking with reference no :09051528516 due to payment failure
12:23 PM - received a SMS from HDFC team for payment decline.
12:23 PM - I made new booking 
12:24 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding booking confirmation with reference no : 09051530125
12:24 PM - received a SMS from HDFC team for 26803 payment made on yatra site

i shared booking ticket with my friend of reference no 09051530125 .

i logged a dispute with bank and also log a complaint with yatra.com with all the relevant proof which i have.
on 25 June'15 , i called yatra team and they told me that refund is alredy done from their end on 20th June so please check with you bank .
i asked them to provide me refund communication on mail but due to their exchange term they didnt share mail with me .

after 2 month of incident , on 14th Aug'15 i checked my Credit card account and found that 27499 amount is debited in my account again .

i  called Yatra.com and they are saying that refund is already done from their end to bank so please call you bank and confirm the same that why it happened.

then i called to bank and asked them to jusitfy why they debited this amount on my account again as refund is alreday processed .
then customer care executive told  that after investigation our team found that customer will pay this amount as no mistake from merchant end 

i already submitted relevant documents to bank but they are not considering those as proof and also not sharing investigation report with me even they didnt call me to get the information on incident ,

without any mail communication from last 2 month ,now they are debited this amount again in my account.

i again logged a dispute against on this transaction .

please suggest me what i do now and where i log complaint aganist bank or merchant.

attaching relevant documents for your review.

Thanks in advance for your response.

BR..
Ronak Somai

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 August 2015

You have posted that:

---“12:15 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding "unable to complete your booking with reference no :09051528516 due to payment failure”

Did you proceed further with this booking number?

Did you cancel this booking reference number?

---“12:24 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding booking confirmation with reference no : 09051530125

12:24 PM - received a SMS from HDFC team for 26803 payment made on yatra site”

Apparently you were to be charged for this booking by M/s HDFC Bank   since it released payment thru CC in your name, for this booking only.

---“i asked them to provide me refund communication on mail but due to their exchange term they didnt share mail with me.”

Did you record this call?

Demand it in writing? Nothing can be concealed from you.

Another point is that how come the question of refund arises if only one payment was approved?

---“i  called Yatra.com and they are saying that refund is already done from their end to bank so please call you bank and confirm the same that why it happened.”

---“ even they didnt call me to get the information on incident ,’

Communicate this point in writing.

---“ i already submitted relevant documents to bank but they are not considering those as proof and also not sharing investigation report’

Communicate this point in writing that the report is not shared.

.Demand it in writing? Nothing can be concealed from you.

---“ please suggest me what i do now and where i log complaint aganist bank or merchant.’

BOTH.

If you are unable to handle it on your own entrust it to your lawyer and pull them to DCDRF.

A.Radha Sampath (Advocate)     25 August 2015

Instead of completely relying on the messages, visit the bank once and check whether the amount is deducted twice and if so any return has been made later.

If there is a real discrepancy in your accounts you enquire in person the reason behind it and then give a legal notice to the bank for inefficient service. If the Yatra.com is at fault, enquire there too and check whether it is orally said or literally sent from their side. Thereafter check again with the concerned a/c nos. whether the amount is remitted in your bank. If the discrepancy is at yatra.com give them a notice and finally decide against whom you need to file a consumer complaint in the Consumer court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2015

AS advised by Mr Sampath please collect facts.

from given details is appears that someone made abooking on your card without your knowledge.  You have not told how he dis same.

You can get details of these passangers from Yatra.com.  Visit their office.

Ronak   27 August 2015

You have posted that:

---“12:15 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding "unable to complete your booking with reference no :09051528516 due to payment failure”

Did you proceed further with this booking number? : No i didnt proceed this booking further

Did you cancel this booking reference number? : no, as payment failure was there and also having communication that booking is not connfirmed due to payment failure so i didnt cancel this booking

---“12:24 PM - received a mail from yatra team regarding booking confirmation with reference no : 09051530125

12:24 PM - received a SMS from HDFC team for 26803 payment made on yatra site”

Apparently you were to be charged for this booking by M/s HDFC Bank   since it released payment thru CC in your name, for this booking only.

---“i asked them to provide me refund communication on mail but due to their exchange term they didnt share mail with me.”

Did you record this call? no, but now i have written communication from yatra .com

Another point is that how come the question of refund arises if only one payment was approved?

they debited both amount in my account so i asked them to refund the amount

---“i  called Yatra.com and they are saying that refund is already done from their end to bank so please call you bank and confirm the same that why it happened.”

no, but now i have written communication from yatra .com

---“ even they didnt call me to get the information on incident ,’

Communicate this point in writing.

---“ i already submitted relevant documents to bank but they are not considering those as proof and also not sharing investigation report’

Communicate this point in writing that the report is not shared.

.Demand it in writing? Nothing can be concealed from you.

---“ please suggest me what i do now and where i log complaint aganist bank or merchant.’

BOTH.

If you are unable to handle it on your own entrust it to your lawyer and pull them to DCDRF.

please explain what is DCDRF

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2015

Both M/s HDFC bank and M/s Yatra.com have stated on record that payment is ndeclined and ticket can not be issued. Both made payment after that from your CC and kept the money.

Both concealed from you and caused fiancial loss/tention/harassment etc and can be pulled to consumer forum (DCDRF).

Both are liable to pay interest.

You can claim equitable finance charges/penalties from M/s HDFC bank i.e.@3.75% per month as they charge.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 August 2015

plus crimal case lies for fraud.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2015

Consult a good lawyer and your lawyer may opine that civil suit with damages may be rewarding.

The banks that are not member of IBA may be avoided e.g. M/s HDFC bank, ICICI Bank etc and if you go thru the publications and record carefully you will find that these banks are somewhat habitual offenders.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2015

resh thread opened at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=125991&offset=1#.Vd-j232N7ww

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register